hood question

kuntzie

the big air intake on the front bumper i've gone through there before on a car :leaving:
Thats how I opened up the hood on my old regal for about a year :lol:
:lol: thats how i opened the hood to cars that didn't have alarm systems on them back in the day :oops:

ummm... you guys have a hood release inside your cars??? WoW!

yeah, look up in the area in front of the radiator, and you can see where the cable connects to the mechanism, about an inch further to the right (P side) is the lever the cable pulls. finger it top the left and pop. hood should open. If it is difficult, have a friend pull up on the hood, and tray again.

on the rare occasion, I've seen the lever has been pulled, and has become jambed too far the the left to open, and has to be pushed to the right.

I usually reach up behind the front bumper from underneath the car and am eventually able to find the right thing to push.

Just reach up, feel around for the cable and follow it to the end. Then push and lift the hood up an inch with your other arm if you can reach. Be careful not to let it shut again while getting up.