All 94-95 GP's come prewired for HUD? ***UPDATE ON PAGE 3***

blackbombshell95

the harness goes pretty far down toward where the A-pillar meets the floor.....check way down there.....:shrug:

R u sure it would go way down there?? down by the floor?

It's possible. When I asked the guy I know that works in a stealership garage, he said ALL GP's from 1994-1996 got the EXACT same harness, no matter what they were optioned for and what trim they were, even coupes and sedans got the same P/N for the harness. They'res just connectors to extend some wires for the sedan. You ARE pre-wired for it, but the wires can be anywhere they can reach.

(PS: He said we're prewired for the DIC Temp Sensor too, the connectors jsut tucked up somewhere far away.)

ITS OFFICIAL. ALL GPS DON'T COME PREWIRED FOR HUD/DIC. I went to a wrecking yard and found a 95 gp 2dr byp. The dash was already torn out. No steering wheel or shaft. The hud/dic harness were very visible!!!

The harness that goes to the headlight switch also branches off to go to the DIC/HUD. This was very easy to tell cause there was NO DASH whatsoever on this 95 gp 2dr byp. And I triple checked on my car. And it does not have it.

So i cliped the pigtail for the dic/hud. I'm not sure how good it will do for me. But if i can make it work i'll do a nice write up. Thanks everybody for their help..

Plus i found 3 leather interiors from a few monte carlos. I got the rear bench in near mint condition for $42.50 with tax!!!!! I told the guy that they were cloth and in bad shape. LOL. He never looked at the bench [:D][:D][:D]

Every GTP should be prewired.

When I would look it up in mitchells or ALLDATA it would not show anything dic/hud related for the SE model. But it showed it for the GTP line.

yes. many windshields look fine with the HUD inspite of being non-hud windsheilds.

My 94 CS factory manual states that a HUD windshield is simply a normal windshiled that has beeen checked for proper image ghosting. So most windsheild would wokr fine with w hUD anyhow.

you could leave the cover off if you choose to, but I would try to make something work so it looks proper.

Guest Anonymous

i didn't have a HUD windsheild in the 95. The 92 is all factory. Personally, i think the factory HUD windsheilds tend to shrink the image quite a bit... the image is MUCH smaller in the 92.