Do non-factory sunroof's suck??

fleetwoodguy79

Have an manual - lift aftermarket installed since I bought it, and after two years there's not a problem. I love the extra air, light and more 'space' to the interior. I'm waranteed no leaks for life of the car! ROCK! Have pictures if you want / need them.

- RedFox340

Don't even get me started. THEY SUCK!!!! Mine in my old Cutlass leaked water, air, never sealed right, no one could fix it, place that installed it gave up on it and it was gonna cost me $3500 to take it out and put a new roof in. Landed up selling the car I was so pissed off. My advice if you really want it have a factory one installed (roof and all) Yes its expensive but hey IT WORKS!!! Sorry if I seemed pissed, it was just very frustrating, I would not recomend an after market roof to a mortal enemy!

Jason

i would imagine its who puts it on and theyre ability to do it, same with an engine build up, the more a person has done it, the better the build up will be.....

of and xtremelumina92, haha he said sinroofs not moon roofs lol, sorry had too

I said sinroofs? Anyway Sault ste marie is the shyt!!! My buddy goes to LSSU, but i've been to sault ste marie canada this past summer, i walked the damn international bridge with my dad, too fukin early but it was fun. Jay

It's all in the install.

It's not realistic to have a factory one installed.

It would require removing all static glass (windshield, 1/4-windows, etc), probably removing the doors, cutting all the spotwelds on the roof, installing the new roof panel (which are $1200 not including sunroof assembly) and having the new roof spot-welded on, then having the new roof painted and glass reinstalled.

It's all in the install.

It's not realistic to have a factory one installed.

It would require removing all static glass (windshield, 1/4-windows, etc), probably removing the doors, cutting all the spotwelds on the roof, installing the new roof panel (which are $1200 not including sunroof assembly) and having the new roof spot-welded on, then having the new roof painted and glass reinstalled.

It can be done, they were going to do it in my old Cutlass except with no sunroof. The body shop my convertible is going to for paint did a factory sunroof on a Buick Riv that didn't have one, Its a job alright but not as expensive as one would think. But I guess cost is in the wallet of the beholder :)

Jason