killed the monte today! *PICS*

96montecarloz31

yep, i was on my way to jonsmonte's place in michigan to get my borla exhaust installed.

it was snowing and slick, the guy in front of me on the highway slammed on his brakes, and i hit mine to avoid hitting him. the car slid, spun, and went backwards/sideways into the ditch (really steap ditch) and into some trees. the front drivers fender is done, so is the rear bumper. the driver's door had alot of dents in it, my front alignment is all off, and my spare tirewell got smashed in. and the trees scratch the car to hell

worst part: i dont have colision! so, i just lost my monte. ill be back, with another one, but it will be awhile.

on top of this, i find out from the cop that i did the report with that my license had been suspended!!! WTF!?!?! i didnt get any notice of this!

i guess in illinois if you are under 21, if you get 2 moving violations in 2 years, they suspend your license. what BS!! so, now ive also got a driving on a suspended license ticket, and no way to drive! im just pissed, im getting a lawyer, and fighting this to the end!

oh, and when i ge tmy new monte, i will probably be parting my 96 out, probably everything but my eibachs and kyb's

ok pics:

front fender

Picture%20002.jpg

rear (cant really see the damage here)

Picture%20003.jpg

better rear (it was worse, i poped it out to get it off the tire}

Picture%20004.jpg

front again (that wheel should be straight, but its toed in)

Picture%20005.jpg

passenger side (no damage, but you can see the wheel is straight)

Picture%20006.jpg

another front

Picture%20007.jpg

the bashed tire well

Picture%20009.jpg

close up rear (you can see the trunk lid is out of align)

Picture%20010.jpg

a tree branch went through here (how the door opened, i dont know???)

Picture%20011.jpg

front wheel well all bashed up

Picture%20012.jpg

you can kinda see the dents in the door (2 to 3 large ones)

Picture%20013.jpg

there is suspension damage, the rear trailing arms are tweaked, i dont know why the wheel is toed, i havent been able to investigate further. it would need a paint job, the branches scratched it to hell

but, like it says, my insurance doesnt cover it, and with the suspension damage, it kinda scares me.

i dont think it would ever be the same again, and it looks soooo good with the eibachs/kyb's on it :cry:

That sucks man!

You should keep that thing around (don't scrap it just yet). I'm sure you can find an older W with a good body and use parts from your Monte like the drivetrain, brakes, and so much other stuff that is still good. Keep the interior too!!!

oh, im getting a 98/99 Z34 monte with the 3800 sometime. and the LS will be parted.

i probably wont have my lisence for a year or better, so ill have plenty of time to save up :cry:

you better be kidding me if your going to junk it over THAT little bit of damage... it has to be FAR cheeper to fix it up then to buy a whole nother car, you at worst need new rear suspension components, a cradle and a control arm (i'll bet just a control arm though) and a new strut tower and strut, new fender, and get the door fixed and get them painted and its good to go.

paint is gonna cost $1K-$2K if not more (the whole car will need to be completely repainted, its scratcht to hell)

body parts prolly $500-$1k

trailing arms, front stuff (the cradle is fine, and everything else looks straight so i dont know whats wrong), struts (they are KYB's, and seem fine) towers seem fine: unknown depending on extent

and the fact that the rear quarter and trunk lid dont align anymore, possibly something is bent back there.

so we are looking at $3k at best, so yeah, ill just buy a new car for 5k-7k and not worry about the car never being the same again

and yes, i do know its fixable, but i dont want to put the money and time into it for it to never be the same.

im just afraid of it not ever riding, driving, and looking the same. i LOVE this car, and couldnt stand to see it be messed up forever like that, id rather just remember it as it was and let it pass in peace

HAHA Thanks for the welcome... and I'm actually with them on fixing the car instead of getting rid of it... my man has a 95 mustang :( that got hit in the back end and was considered totaled out in the rear... him and his dad rebuilt it... and I couldn't believe it when he told me about the wreck.

The front end had the same damage, he slid off the road and hit a tree and when he backed up the bumper was hanging on the tree... so a front end rebuild was done... and you can't tell.

You just need to know someone with body/paint skills and/or a shop. Do it yourself... it would be a hell of a learning experience.

take it from someone who totally wiped out my front suspension and messed up the rear suspension prety bad, parts are CHEEP from a junkyard and my car rides better now then it did prior to the wreck.

the way your wheel looks, it looks like a bent up tie rod. get a junkyard fender, repair the door and find a shop to spray the 2 pannels.

hell if your lucky you could find a new red fender since its a common enough color.

i will NOT paint this car myself, i will settle for nothing but a professional paint job on this car. if anyone can hook me up with a good paint shop that will give meed a good deal, i will actually fix the car, its the paint that scares me the most. and the fact thatr the passenger door had alot of door dents, and the bigger dents now in the driver's door. plus a nice dent in the rear quater just above the bumper. most are creased, so that means alot of smoothing and body filler

$3k and its yours, including all my mods

but i prolly wont even sell it then, i want most of my performance parts, especially the eibachs/kyb's

:lol: i don't want it but if its worth 3k to you why don't you want to fix it? :? honestly i don't see why you can't replace the bolt on body parts yourself. As for the spare tire well i wouldn't worry about it being dented mine has been dented for years :wink:

plus i'm sure people here know where good places are to go and get parts for it.

YEAH YEAH! Don't junk the car you love so much. Believe me, it will mean way more to you if you get to keep it after it's fixed.

When I totaled out my 89 cutlass calais (2.5, 5 speed) I cried and cried... the insurance company said it was totaled... all it messed up was the front end... when I was looking for my GP, I was also looking for a calais, but couldn't find one in close to as good of condition as mine was... It's way worth the sentiment of fixing it... I know I'd throw my GP in a storage shed or at the back of someone's country property until I could fix it if I totaled it out. My baby does bodywork and I"m gonna learn to do it myself... so one of these days Id be able to fix it. But nope, never getting rid of the car!

fix it!!!!! The damage is actually quite minor!!!!! eveything damaged bolts on and off... except the spare tire well. which can be fixed by stomping in it, of hammering it back out.

do this: measure on both sides of the car from the front rim edge to rear rim edge with the respective front tire turned to be straight. This will give you an idea of whether and/or how much the wheel may have been pushed out of position. If the wheel has been offset, this may indicate the need for a new lower controls arm, or in the case of my car, the dinky flanges on the frame had to be hammered to push the wheel into the proper position.

Meanwhile... check the tierods too.

are the scratches gouges? best get to buffing! hop around to the yards. i do know of a yard close to me(burnettesville, in) Willie Mote's, they should still have a red mc z34(w/o 3.4!), and it looked in great condition last time i saw it. heres the toll free number; 1-800-225-4963. gives you a place to start!