Electronic Climate Control wtf?

Stevo

My ECC has fan speed control and temp settings but for some weird reason the modes are not switching. Air comes out as if it's stuckin neutral but doesnt blast air in the directions I select.

Any idea whats up?

Yep, most likely vacuum. Surprisingly, mine still works even though I have a leak somewhere under the dash...I can hear the vacuum system hissing depending on what mode the ECC is in.

Yep, most likely vacuum. Surprisingly, mine still works even though I have a leak somewhere under the dash...I can hear the vacuum system hissing depending on what mode the ECC is in.

That could be your blower motor hissing.

That could be your blower motor hissing.

No its definitely a vacuum hiss. The sound changes when the ECC changes modes, and it also does it when the system is completely off.

My ECC has fan speed control and temp settings but for some weird reason the modes are not switching. Air comes out as if it's stuckin neutral but doesnt blast air in the directions I select.

Any idea whats up?

You don't indicate where the air is currently comming out. On Ford, and therefore probably GM, the default position when there is no vacuum is defrost (safety reasons).