Should i be worried?

Thabulldog

Hey guys, tomorrow night im making the trip out to PA to bring home my Zoomina... the '90 Euro. I haven't started it in 3 months and it was below freezing and covered in snow and ice for most of the time it was sitting. Should I be worried about anything before i start it up and drive it back to its home in NY? I really miss it and I would be heartbroken if something was wrong with it after waiting 6 months to bring her home. Thanks!

I'll point out the obvious stuff, change the oil and drain the gas tank, but other than that I'm not sure, but other guys will know. Good luck on your journey home!

I just got a car unstuck from ice today after it sat all winter at my friends garage. I drove it out and one of the rear brake shoes rusted right to the drum and that wheel wouldnt roll. I had to put a new set of shoes on that side.

Its just a POS '91 Acclaim.

How long is gas good for? It has almost a full tank... I really hope that doesn't all have to goto waste. LoL the Zoominas are notorious for rear calipers freezing anyways so i dont think i'll notice a difference lol.

Well thats one less thing on my mind. Thanks!... I can't help thinking it could be seized tho... its still a baby... only 96k miles I really hope it starts :-\

Gasoline should be stored in a different container if it will sit for more than a year. Your car will be fine. Yes definitey change the oil though. If you want you can take out the plugs and put a little oil(not alot) in the cylinders to put your mind at ease and to save on wear. The motor in your car is probably pretty dry, so it probably won't be a bad idea. :) :)

due to my experience in automotive education and other stuff liek that, as long as the gas tank iss full it should be good, but yeah i would highly highly recomend soem kind of lube down the cyls, i would also be sure to check the brak parts........just my opinion, as i loive in a colder climate that you maybe, i dont knwo, sault ste marie ontario

Well, I made it home with only a couple of minor probs. The car just needed a quick charge to start, and the gas was a bit stale and the car sputtered a lil but putting in a half tank of 93 octane and some octane booster fixed that about 50 miles down the road. Now she runs like a champ and i'm gunna baby her as much as possible. First thing i did when i got in NY was get her oil changed and washed. I just wanna thank every1 for putting my mind at ease and just for being there on this great board!!