ExZion

My cutty (when my dad drove it) got 26mpg Now since i did plugs and wires (i swapped them at around 90k miles from the orignals i am now getting 17mpg. Now Granted I drive it alittle harder is there something wrong the car is a 94 cutlass supeme 3100 4 speed auto

Is this city mileage?? (both figures)....My Lumina gets 20mpg or a little more in the city....that's driving fairly hard...in summer w/ a/c and driving the shit out of it the worst mileage I got was 18mpg.

My best was 31mpg on the highway one time.

This is around town Basicly

Here is the story i have been putting only $20 in it but today i filled it so i think maby it took more then i have been putting in it so i will wait till next time and check it then Gas price was down and i put $26 in it so i think that might have thrown it off some

30mph

mpg ;)

Yeah they put stuff in the gas here as well...I just think on cold starts is uses more fuel, and overall I don't believe my car at least, runs very effciently in winter.

I think my problem is related to a simple math error

now ... price of gas down 2.29+ higher input $26 = more gas than usual

before...price of gas 2.35+ input $20 = less gas

Correct?

i never usta fill it i would just put 20 in and that was it ill check it after this and go from there

Yes they were pre Gaped delco plugs and the car runs smooth... Could it just be me driving it harder?

well you would still need to double check them, they tend to get beat around during shipping which will close the gap.

i have never had a set of pre gapped plugs be at the right gap when it came time to install, they are usually quite a bit off to be honest

Yes they were pre Gaped delco plugs and the car runs smooth... Could it just be me driving it harder?

well you would still need to double check them, they tend to get beat around during shipping which will close the gap.

i have never had a set of pre gapped plugs be at the right gap when it came time to install, they are usually quite a bit off to be honest

+1

i got a set of pregapped delco plugs and they were at .035-.045 when they should be at .060