WTF is THIS thing??? A GTP LAN??? Pics!!!

fastbird232

There's this cord that comes from under my drivers seat:

cord1.jpg

cord2.jpg

intofloor.jpg

The outlet end looks just like a LAN jack. As you may or may not be able to tell from the picture, it goes under the carpet directly underneath the seat. The cord is kinda long, too.

What

The

Fuck

Is

It

?

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. My car has something similar to his under the seat, but its a cable TV wire. I believe it runs from a magnetic or sticky antenna mount on the rear window and ends up underneath the passenger front seat.

What would this cable be for, and why is it in the form of a cable TV wire???

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. My car has something similar to his under the seat, but its a cable TV wire. I believe it runs from a magnetic or sticky antenna mount on the rear window and ends up underneath the passenger front seat.

Maybe someone had a magnetic satellite stuck to the roof and had TV in the car.

Any useful parts/applications? How does the system work? Do I have some sort of transmitter in the car, or does it just hook up to my speakers, or what?

I ask again.

Guest Anonymous
Any useful parts/applications? How does the system work? Do I have some sort of transmitter in the car, or does it just hook up to my speakers, or what?

I ask again.

Probably not. Those sytems were entirely add on... they had a separate speaker, receiver, antenna, handset, etc... My guess is that is just one cable from the system that the person did not feel like pulling up when they removed the old setup.

There was a remote starter installed in my regal from like 1990. :shock: The antenna was mounted in the back by the trunk, and it used an actual TV coax cable to connect to the receiver. I pulled it out and used it with my TV. The ends were on it and eveything. The remote was actually a garage door opener remote. :lol:

i'm always interesting in aquiring outdated electronics for the car

First thing I thought of when I saw the cord: What is it?

Second thing: I wonder if Ross wants it...

:lol:

Yeah, I plan on removing the seats and carpet this spring to clean them out and check for rust on the floorpan, and if anything can be removed with easy-to-moderate effort, I'll let you know. If there is anything, give me enough money to ship it to New York and it's yours.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

by reading that, i have come to a conclusion that when i swapped my leather seats, i forgot to plug in my seat belt indicator. Which would explain why it suddenly stopped working post-leather seats.