Pontiac G6 Seats HELP!!

slowmontecarlo

So yesterday I was searching around ebay and found these seats:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Grand-Prix-GTP-powered-leather-heated-seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQitemZ8036301041QQrdZ1

If you notice the new auction name vs the link I gave, its been changed. The seller listed them as Grand Prix seats yesterday. :x Now I'm all excited about these, they look bad @ss and are both heated with the switches right on the seats.

I have a couple questions though, do you think they would bolt in? If not the tracks would have to be switched around and what not....shouldnt be to much of a problem. My other concern is the physical size of the seats. Would they be wide enough for the w-bodys?

A couple guys I showed them too said the seats look just like grand prix seats. Another buddy said his moms brand new Impala LTZ seats are pretty damn close and the heater switches are the same. Maybe there the same as w-body seats? The tracks do look damn close.... HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

I don't know if they are the same as w-body seats, but I am quite sure they would fit nicely into a w-body. Again, I don't know if the tracks are the same but I would do whatever nessesary to make them fit! Those seats are fucking amazing, and having the heat switch built right in is so smart. Hope you win the auction!

I don't know if they are the same as w-body seats, but I am quite sure they would fit nicely into a w-body. Again, I don't know if the tracks are the same but I would do whatever nessesary to make them fit! Those seats are fucking amazing, and having the heat switch built right in is so smart. Hope you win the auction!

I agree with ya there, they should be plenty big enough. I have a spare set of cloth seats and they dont look all that big outa the car. I was looking at the tracks and they gotta be pretty damn close. I also agree 100% those seats are amazing... :P

One thing I did notice on the track is the guide pins by the rear bolts. On my car, the guide pins are on the car and theres holes in the tracks. Appers to be opposite with these seats. Nothing a die grinder and drill couldnt take care off.

if you look they have ths same type of metal slide in the front of the seat like the 97+ GP....

I'm a little confused what you are talking about the tracks? Good to hear there the same as 97+ GPs though, I know those fit. The fronts seats anyways....

The 97+ seats do no tfit the first gen GP. I do not think these will either. for a first gen GP you need 4 holes in the tracks these do not look like that. I would suggest getting close picture of the front of the rails and getting dimensions

The 97+ seats do no tfit the first gen GP. I do not think these will either. for a first gen GP you need 4 holes in the tracks these do not look like that. I would suggest getting close picture of the front of the rails and getting dimensions

:? I coulda swore 97+ front seats would work in my car. I have a 99 Monte, gen 1.5 but theres 4 holes in the tracks like you described how the 1st gen are.

The G6 seats have 4 holes on the tracks though or am I just seeing things?

I am gonna ask the seller for more detailed pictures of the tracks and get some dimensions this evening. Thanks for your input Brian!!

Simple: ask the seller to take close-up pics of the tracks and mounting points, and to measure the distance between the side rails and from the rear holes to the front holes/pics. Then take the same measurements in your Monte. Good luck, I hope you can fit them, they are pretty cool.

It does look like it has the 97-03-style front hooks for mounting, if your Monte has them too they might just drop right in. Go check right now! :?

Simple: ask the seller to take close-up pics of the tracks and mounting points, and to measure the distance between the side rails and from the rear holes to the front holes/pics. Then take the same measurements in your Monte. Good luck, I hope you can fit them, they are pretty cool.

Defiently will do, thanks for typing the question all out for me too! :wink:

It does look like it has the 97-03-style front hooks for mounting, if your Monte has them too they might just drop right in. Go check right now! :?

Unfortunately I am pretty sure my seats are just like gen 1 w-bodys. Simply 4 bolts that hold the seats in. More than likely I will just have to swap the tracks but I will defiently update when I hear back from the seller.