question on factory Keyless entry.....is it plug and play?

AWeb80

I might have the opportunity to get my hands on a factory keyless entry box. How do i know if it will work in my car?

Is there a certain conector in my trunk to look for?....and does anyone have pics of it....that way i know what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

i'm gonna say its NOT plug and play...i installed one in my cutlass, and there were deffinatly NO wires there...i would pull the carpet out of the rear deck (where the speakers are) and see if there's a harness by your right speaker...

Do they differ??? I have identical looking RKE boxes from a CS and Regal, They have the same connectors and probably the exct same functions to the pins... but are wired differently.

that said, I have the 94 CS RKE diagram.

I should have the wiring in my STE factory supplement. I can snap a pic of it if anyone needs it. This would just be a wiring diagram, and the wire colors will be STE specific, but it should be close.

the wiring is the same between a 90 gp and a 94 regal, so i would bet this is true for any that don't have theatre lighting ot whatever it's called.

some of the wire colors change between 90 and 94, but the pin functions are the same.

Guest Anonymous

not plug and play in the least. I was looking at mine and there are wires everywhere!!! I think if you wanted to install it right you would probably have to gut your interior.

Yes the diagrams would be great. I don't imagine the pins have changed from year to year so it should be fine. I would never go off colours anyway cause they are constantly changing, pins is the only way. Yes there is going to be a bunch of work involved but that would be no different than everything else I've done to this car. It's a Lumina, I expect it to be that way.

Thanks.

tell me what years you guys need and i'll get them.

the pins will be the same for most of them, but some of the later ones have two connectors for "thatre lighting" and stuff like that