I BOUGHT THE 96' LUMINA!

chadz34

So, I am real excited, I bought the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS that I posted earlier about! It has 92,011.3 Km's on it, loaded, and my favourite part about it, 3.4L DOHC V6! So, I should be going to pick it up sometime this week. I will get you good pics when I get her home! If this shitty weather goes away, we got like 2 feet of snow here. Fuckin' sucks.

I don't know if I could have brought myself to pay $3500 for a '96 base lumina, even with the 3.4.....If I was going to spend that on a lumina I would have gotten an LTZ....if you are happy though :thumbsup:

3,500.00 Canada Dollars = 3,060.02 United States Dollars

92,011.3 kilometers = 57,173.2 miles

So for us "Yanks" you paid ~$3k for a 96 Loomie LS with the 3.4 and ~57k miles. What kind of options does it have anyway?

I won't pass harsh judgement on you 'till you post some pics, but I think $3k (US) is reasonable for a car with such low mileage, especially seeing as it has the 3.4 DOHC under the hood. I'm sure you'll still get three thousand dollars worth of grins every time you crack open that 3.4! :thumbsup:

so has the belt ever been done? at 57,000 its about due.

Not that I know of.

Well I found out when I went to look at it, that it is an LS, and it's loaded with everything. It's got 3.4 DOHC, A/C, pw, pl, keyless, remote start, aftermarket seat warmer! We have real bad weather right now, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna pick it up, hopefully this week, but not if they highways still have 3 feet of snow on them. :shock:

I was gonna say, Base ones never got the 3.4 according to KBB and edmonds, sounds like a good buy for that litte and so much

I didn't even know it was an LS until I looked at it, then I thought insurance was gonna be a problem again. It's like 10 dollars a month more than my Cavalier! So, I am a very happy man right now. I am just waiting for him to call me to tell me it's ready! I want it so bad! I just don't know how far I'll get wiht 16' performance tires in this snow. :lol:

I was gonna say, Base ones never got the 3.4 according to KBB and edmonds, sounds like a good buy for that litte and so much

I didn't even know it was an LS until I looked at it, then I thought insurance was gonna be a problem again. It's like 10 dollars a month more than my Cavalier! So, I am a very happy man right now. I am just waiting for him to call me to tell me it's ready! I want it so bad! I just don't know how far I'll get wiht 16' performance tires in this snow. :lol:

Congrats on the purchase!!!!!!!!! Lumina's and Cutlass Supremes are dirst cheap to insure here in canada!

;)

Jason

What are they doing, just mechanical stuff to it? I know that at the dealership we get the car for about a day to clean it up (new or used, except as-is). If they are gonna detail it as well ask if you can do it yourself and maybe save some money.. ;)