91 Buick Regal 4DR power window switch pinout. HELP!!

bobbovine

Ok I have a major problem. I have a 91 Buick Regal Custom 4DR. I cracked, rolled down didn't break it, the right rear window the other day and it won't go back up. The motor had died, ok it was a major pain but I replaced it, wired it up, and nothing. I took the motor out and determined that it does work, but only rolls Down.

So as of know the window is stuck in the full down position. Does anyone know how I can get the motor to go Up? Can I use some wire to cross connect some pins and get the motor to go up? I can not get another switch. GM discontinued them in 97 and the local junk yard guys looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about a 4DR Regal. I just came across Autoloc's site so I know I can get a similar replacement switch, but I really need to get that window up so I can drive it (it's real rainy and cold where I am).

It's a five pin/wire setup if it helps. I'm really at the end of my rope here.

Thanks

p.s Nice site/board.

Ok, your 5 wire colors at your switch are:

Light Green

Pink

Purple/White stripe

Dark Blue

Brown

The Dark Blue and Brown wires go to your motor, just power one wire and ground the other to make the motor go one way, and reverse the polarity to reverse the motor.

Alright!, thanks alot. The motor works, once I get it mounted again I'll be able to roll it up with some paperclips. I know what the Pink, Dark Blue, and Brown wires do, any idea on the other two if I use an Autoloc switch I'll need to know, here's to hoping I can scroung one out of anotther junkyard. After its up I'm gonna leave it until I can find a suitable replacement switch.

Thanks again for the quick response.