Low Fuel Light

90_Black_TGP

Does anyone know how to fix the check gauges / fuel light flicker issue? I have read somewhere that it is just a re-solder fix, but I can't find any details and/or pics.

Most of the time the cracks in the solder are hairline, and can't be seen by the naked eye. When I did mine, I bought some soldering braid and sucked up all of the old solder off of the pin before re-soldering it with new solder.

Buy the thinnest solder you can find, and it makes soldering these pins pretty easy.

I have terrible eyesight, so I used a 3rd hand tool with a magnifying glass from Radio Shack to get a better view of each pin.

Thanks. Well I have done it and since the TGP is in several piles in the garage I won't know if it worked or not yet. It looked like only one pin was cracked but I soldered all of them just in case.

I had already done the light mod. Seems like GM would have done that in the first place. It is super-simple, I have another instrument cluster out of a STE I found in a salvage and I had tried it on that one first...