Intake sound clip..

LukeZ34

For those of you that wanted it, here's the recording of my cutlass with the modified intake box.

A few notes to remember first...

- The 'before' and 'after' clips are combined in this one file. As one would assume, the before clip is first, and the after clip is second.

- The before clip was made with the cutout holes covered, and NO stock snorkel. I couldn't find the goofy lookin thing, so I left it off, :lol:

- Both segments distorted my microphone at times. You can tell the volume difference in the intake by the amount of distortion, lol That's what I get for having a cheap mic.

File is an MP3 and is 1.38 MB..

Enjoy!

http://www.lukez34.com/videos/beforeandafter.mp3

ah sounds good, would having a cone filter with aluminum piping like a CAI make a difference like this or similar on a 2.8?? Either way sounds good,

The best way to get the most out of a CAI is to mount it outside the engine compartment. Mount the battery in the trunk and run the intake tube in the fender where the battery would normally be. I have this setup now and it works very well. :) :) :)

ah sounds good, would having a cone filter with aluminum piping like a CAI make a difference like this or similar on a 2.8?? Either way sounds good,

Yea, it would be pretty similar. Might not be as loud as a DOHC would be, but there'd be a noticable change I'm sure.