Anybody who took off a door panel can help me.

gpchris

I'm not sure you even need to remove the door panel? If it's the thing I think your talking about, I tightened mine cause it was lose and it would make noise when I open/closed the door.

I'm not sure you even need to remove the door panel? If it's the thing I think your talking about, I tightened mine cause it was lose and it would make noise when I open/closed the door.

oh oh mine does that after i took mine off, i should prolly tighten them

u saying all the little friction clippy do dads broke? If so get them from a dealer? IF you mean you stripped out a bunch of the screws in the door, than i dunno what to tell u

The mechansim that connects the doorjamb to the door, providing a stop that prevents the door from opening too far??? IIRC it is spring loaded, providing the detents that corntorl the doors range of motion.

The one on my vert was wrecked. The retaining bolts are accessable from the outside, by removing the rubber racetrack shaped oval grommet that to 'rod' passes through. To replace, the door panel must be removed.

I'm just taking a look in the service manual....

It's called the 'check link assembly'. The check link assembly is the door hold-open feature.

To remove/disconnect/install/connect it you need to take off the door panel and the "water deflector" (piece inside the door?).

Basically what Crazy K said ;)