I cannot stand people that know everything!

92LuminaRS

On another forum I get this... I love people that know everything about cars that they dont own! :lol:

Luminas are limited to 104. Bullshit. Hell, if its the same limiter as a Corsica, it's limited to 99.

dude, iots a fucking limna it has a limiter, and i'm pretty sure its 106, unless you care to take a pic with the speedo pegged

I love it when people make idiots out of themselvs. I'm sure a few people here have gone well over 99/104/106. I know I personally have. :roll:

Most governed cars I have seen cut out at 110-120.

My Beretta cuts spark at 113, the TSTE I think might cut at 117 or so, but I haven't tried. The GTS' speedometer goes to 120, and it'll get there if you let it I'm sure, but I've only had it up to 110. Too low of gears to go much higher.

I'm sure a 2.2L Corsica doesn't govern out at 99, that's just as fast as it can go.

Aerodynamic drag matches Horsepower.

My lumina tops out at the 120 mph mark on the speedo. im not sure exactly how fast im going lol. but i love it when your going so fast the car just shuts off haha. when im going that fast my rpms are only around 4k or so. i still have plenty more to go.

hence the reason i want to chip it to top speed of 140 :D

i love retards that dont own the car and try to tell you things about it. my brother is a mechanic and he tells me all this bs about stuff on my car, but when i say something to him that i learned on the forums, like rocking the engine and stuff of that sort. he tells me that im dumb and that these people dont know what they are talking about, and how he is the expert....

lawl i told him he is a dumbass and no expert, its like me, i work with computers and go to school for them. but i am no expert in computers, yea i know my shit... but if i was an expert i wouldnt be drivin a lumina, i would be driving a Super lumina! i would just be that damn rich

I think I remember a thread on here a long time ago where some guys were claiming to have their GPs up to 128-130 or so. Dunno how in the hell they arrived at that number... They were saying something about keeping it in 3rd because 4th keeps the engine out of its optimum power range. Whatever. I haven't had my GTP past 100 yet.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the 111 mph governor on a '95 T-Bird V6 works like a charm (the driveshaft shakes itself to pieces above that).

lol fastbird232 nice avatar :lol:

My GTP will do over 130, unless your talking about 1st gens lol.

Yeah I'm talking first gen OBD 1 cars. I have 90, 91 & 92 Luminas

I really doubt a 3.1 automatic is going to get to 140. And if it did, there's no way I'd want to be any first gen W-body at that kind of speed.

I really doubt a 3.1 automatic is going to get to 140. And if it did, there's no way I'd want to be any first gen W-body at that kind of speed.

:lol: :werd:

I've had my car to 160km/h (like 96mph) I'm sure it can go faster, but it seems that 150-160km/h is when it starts having a hard time to acelerate further... and I don't wanna be pushing that speed for long in fear of cops.

My lumina tops out at the 120 mph mark on the speedo. im not sure exactly how fast im going lol. but i love it when your going so fast the car just shuts off haha. when im going that fast my rpms are only around 4k or so. i still have plenty more to go.

Just because the engine hasn't reached redline, doesn't mean it has enough to power to go any faster.

For example, mine topped out at 122 MPH at 3300 RPM in 4th gear. If I dropped it back to 3rd, it nearly redlined and the speed decreased because it was producing LESS power then at 3300.

my dohc limiter kicked in at 115 and it was still pulling hard and sticking to the road. you can really feel the euro spoiler kick in and do its job(make the ass end glued to the ground) starting around 90mph.

i hit 122 in the Cutty before I sold it to sean. It didn't feel too bad....i'd love to have my GP that fast. I know it feels great at 110.....nice and steady.

i hit 122 in the Cutty before I sold it to sean. It didn't feel too bad....i'd love to have my GP that fast. I know it feels great at 110.....nice and steady.

With all those suspension upgrades it better! I would think it should feel good at 130+!

Mine doesn't feel bad at all at 100mph. I can't wait to get new struts on her and W rated tires.. now if I had a 3400 intake maybe I could reach the governer without worrying about cops getting to me first. :lol:

Goddamn side mirrors whistle something terrible between 90-100 mph.

Any faster and I don't trust my w-body brakes to keep me from dying.

You are worried about mirrors. Try doing 100 mph in a Cavalier. SOOOO much smaller than a w-body.

Goddamn side mirrors whistle something terrible between 90-100 mph.

Any faster and I don't trust my w-body brakes to keep me from dying.

You are worried about mirrors. Try doing 100 mph in a Cavalier. SOOOO much smaller than a w-body.

PSHH Try doing 85mph in a '90 Geo Metro with the 3cyl.

:lol: