1995 Cut Convert Climate Control

Rooster

Years ago, someone had a link posted either here or on one of the defunct yahoo forums.. It was a site that told you, in detail (and pics!) what to do if your Automatic Climate Control system is inoperable.. In my case, I can adjust fan speed, but no matter what I set the temp to, it always comes out at the same temp. :( Anyone remember/know where that site is? The fix was to retouch some solder joint on something (controls maybe?)...

Thanks,

Rooster

Anyone? It was a guide showing that certain solder joints got oxidated or worn, and needed to be retouched. Pulled my unit apart hopin that looking at it would jog my memory, but nothing in there looks familiar at all :( Was a matter of touching like 2 joints, just don't know which of the literally hundreds that they were!

I don't know, but are you certain it is the unit malfunctioning?

and not a stuck damper door or clogged heater core?

the heater core is always hot and air is diverted to it or from it to make the air hot or cold

It's most likely the unit itself. Mine is always on the fritz. It'll stop working while I'm driving, or it won't turn on at all when I start the car. If you put it down to 60 degrees, it blows scorching hot air out. The thing is fucked.

I don't know, but are you certain it is the unit malfunctioning?

and not a stuck damper door or clogged heater core?

the heater core is always hot and air is diverted to it or from it to make the air hot or cold

Yeah, I'm almost certain.. It was like 3 years ago - There was thie site I used to hit (this one, w-body.com), 2 yahoo forums (both pretty much dead I think) and some other w-body site, that I guess is gone now, or not coming up on with the popular searches..

Anyway, someone had documented this, and done up a real nice tutorial on it. I almost thought of saving it/printing it in case it happened to me, but then I thought, why would I do that, when I can just look it back up online, right?? Haha... Symptoms were identical and all, and the cause, which I'm a little cloudy on these days had something to do with the solder connections on the climate control unit. Certainly, for me, one of those "go-back-in-time" moments because I'd have been printing it and archiving it on the PC for repost today if I had it, lol.. Anywho, came back on today to see if anyone had replied and knew where this write-up was, and since not, guess I'll just magnifying glass the boards and look for anything suspicious, lol, and touch up some solder joints hoping to get lucky. If I do, I'll post links/pics something to help others out!

Rooster

I have never heard of a 95-97 unit go bad, so I would be floored if there is a write up on how to fix it....I think that there are a couple of members that might have a spare dual electronic control from those years that they would sell you pretty cheap, post a wanted thread in the for sale section and she what it lands you...

I have a spare one, lemme know if you want it. (I think I know where it is in my closet lol)

Note: It was said to be working from the ebay auction I bought it from a while back, never tested it myself.