tach hook up

cutlass_driver91

hey guys i just bought a faze tach i was looking under the hood i dont knwo were too hook the igntion wire i know i have to splice the negative side of the igntion coil but were is it and has anybody hooked up a tach on a cutlass or 3.1 engine??????????????/

(red wire) Battery voltage

(green wire) neg. igntion coil

(black wire) ground wire

there is no white wire dose any one have a pictrue of the coil packs and were i hook the igntion wire to????? i knwo it has to be spliced into the neg side of the igntion coli were are they/it

It's been often commented that the white wire at the coil packs is so dirty that It's indistguishable. it may look tan from oil staining.

I shreaded a junk lumina to find this out, and it should be the same for ALL W-cars:

I discovered that the tack wire is a small gauge white wire in the harness that meets the firewall behind the alternator. It does not continue past there into the body on models without a tach. Open up this wire loom and you’ll discover a bunch of wires. Only about 5 are small gauge, and the white wire will be obvious. Link it from there and run it inside the car to the cluster. Be sure not to have it run where it will not get damaged and shorted.