Interior Compatability?

Tru2Chevy

I have a base '91 Lumina 4 door, and a '91 Z34 parts car. Will most interior pieces from the Z34 swap into my 4 door? I was thinking about swapping the carpet, seats, headliner and maybe the dashpad. I know the dashpad and seats should fit fine, but what about the rest of the interior?

I tried a search and couldn't come up with much....

- Justin

the carpet is probably too short in some places and too long in others, so you essentially have the front seats, dash, console, and i'm sure there are other assorted odds and ends that will swap over.

How about swapping engines while you're at it?

There's a very good reason why I said the Z34 was a parts car... :wink:

Some might remember the Z34 that I was gonna buy several months ago....this is the same car. I never bought it, and the owner popped the motor. A friend and I are getting it soon and stripping it. Once I take what I want from it, there will be lots of Ebay auctions to get rid of what's left....

Does anyone know if the headliner will swap over? I dunno if they are the same length or not.

- Justin

the glass and roofline are seriously different. i completely doubt it.

as for seats...... You can sawp them, but remeber how the z-34s fold? I would sawp the seat mechansim, it should come off with three to five bolts, after you remove the plastic side trim on the seats.

I know you're talking about the interior, but you should swap the hood, grille, tail lamp ass'y, spoiler and bumper covers over too.

I already have a '90 Euro grille to install, I like that better. Not sure about the hood, I may go for it. Already have a Euro spoiler on the decklid, but I might go for this one if whoever buys the gfx doesn't want it.

Swapping the front and rear bumpers look pretty goofy without the side skirts, and I wouldn't trust myself to modify them to fit the four door, and I don't really want to spend any money on this. All my cash goes to the other car in the sig....

- Justin

try this:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16685&highlight=side+skirts

I did the same thing, BUT I also installed the valance that goes beneath the front and rear bumpers of the GP donor.

Thanks for that link, it looks pretty good with the Z34 nose and tail. Not sure if I can afford all the parts though. The parts car isn't mine, it belongs to a friend. I'm just helping him strip it in turn for a discount on parts that I take from it.

How much would the normal Z34 parts go for (hood, f&r bumpers, gfx, tail lights, and decklid/spoiler)? I haven't seen anyone selling a complete set in a while...

- Justin