AQ9 pinouts desperately needed

ToroToro

Okay, I just picked up some MINT graphite cloth AQ9s with the all the stuff to go with them out of a 92 GTP for a whooping 50 bucks. 8)

I'd like to get them wired in asap, so if anyone can get me the pinouts, I'd be forever greatful. I tried searching, with no luck.

Thanks a bunch!

Guest Anonymous

The first part oif the harness should plug into the existing console sig lighter harness... it should be the same plug in the cutlass. Then the aq9 harness has a new cig plug...

Guest Anonymous

There is no "plug" for the AQ9's... you unplug the cigareete lighter from is harness in the console, plug the giant AQ9 harness into that, and then the AQ9 harness has a new plug for the cig lighter to go into. Its insanely easy... no cutting or splicing or pinout changing...

Hey thanks... I appreciate it!

I was really only curious about those three wires that come off the drivers seat. I figured the rest just stayed together like that, even though I decided to save some time freezing my ass off at the yard by not pulling the carpet up, and just cutting the wires at the pigtails...so I'll have to run new wires and air lines. :|

Also wanted the pinouts in case I decide to use an 88-93 I-series seat switch instead of the chunky GP one. I'd loose a few adjustments, but it looks like it'll work.

Heres a pic of the seats....a little wrinkley, but no rips at all.

feb1100.jpg

Thanks again.

Guest Anonymous

you should not have cut up that harness!!!!!! That is going to be a BITCH to get back together, and I'm not sure how you're going to make the air houses sealed again... Also, IIRC, the wires in it are NOT copper, and are a major PITA to splice.

Meh, I think I can do it. They are really skinny wires though. :shock:

If it all goes south, there is another GP with tan leather AQ9s I can steal the harness from. In fact, I might just do that Friday. I'm just so damn tired of pulling out heavy ass seats. :lol:

When I was first pulling the seats, I was under the impression that the wires ran to other places, and not just from seat, to console to seat.

Normally the j/y carpets are already fubared so just use an utility knife and slice along the back of both seats and the console. The wires and airline will run in a plastic wire tray under the carpet.

So I wouldn't even have to pull out the console then? If I do, can anyone give me a quick run down on how to go about doing that? I never worked on a GP before. ( I already know how to get the seat switch and wiring out of the lid, BTW )

It has the DIC and second gear start if that makes any difference...