Just Like You Said, Another 3.4 Will Come Along!

chadz34

So, me and my dad made a arrangement to go and see a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina BASE (Non-LS), with 3.4 DOHC, power locks, power windows, keyless entry, CD player, 92,000 km. Dark green in colour. Hopefully this one goes my way. There's me and another person looking at this car and I want it so bad.

LuminaDOHC.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, it's all I'll have until I go look at it.

if your cavalier runs good now, why bother getting something else, its just a beater afterall.

It's too slow, and I would have this Lumina for a while. I shouldn't have wasted my life saving's on my mom's Z34 because it just sits. I just don't know how much longer I can have this Cavalier and keep it until it's not worth anything.

drive your Z34.....it's just a damn lumina....

:roll:

I would say that about almost ANY car produced in the last 50 years....hell they are made to be driven....enjoy the damn thing....

drive your Z34.....it's just a damn lumina....

:roll:

I would say that about almost ANY car produced in the last 50 years....hell they are made to be driven....enjoy the damn thing....

Yeah, I guess so. I would drive mine more often if it didn't run like crap and if it wasn't hacked. :lol: Wow can't believe I admitted that.

Yeah, I guess so. I would drive mine more often if it didn't run like crap and if it wasn't hacked. :lol: Wow can't believe I admitted that.

:lol:

admitting the problem is the first step to recovery

its a cavalier, it dosen't have value. same goes with a 96' lumina of any flavor.

drive the cavalier into the ground. and enjoy the lumina when there isan't tons of snow on the ground. or sell the cavalier and drive the wheels of the lumina. cars are ment to be driven. we are only on this earth for so long, so may as well enjoy what you have now.

i don't know exactly what year your cavalier is, but according to Kelly blue book a 1990 cavalier VL in good condition with 100,000 miles is worth a whole $550, so i don't think you have much value to loose.

its a cavalier, it dosen't have value. same goes with a 96' lumina of any flavor.

drive the cavalier into the ground. and enjoy the lumina when there isan't tons of snow on the ground. or sell the cavalier and drive the wheels of the lumina. cars are ment to be driven. we are only on this earth for so long, so may as well enjoy what you have now.

i don't know exactly what year your cavalier is, but according to Kelly blue book a 1990 cavalier VL in good condition with 100,000 miles is worth a whole $550, so i don't think you have much value to loose.

I don't know, for me it's tough to watch something I earned with my own money get wrecked. The Lumina looks the exact same as it did when it was new, I want it to stay that way. So, to get the same speed and comfort, I decided to put my Cavalier up for sale and go for this 1996 Lumina, because I would drive that in the winter. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than my Z34 so I wouldn't care. Cheaper insurance for me being 17 too. The Z34 kills me, where as a 4 door 96' Lumina isn't too bad. My Cavalier is considered a sports car to my insurance company, because it has two doors. Retarted I know.

I see no point in leaving any car newer than about 1986 sit in a garage. Of course there are those exceptions, but hey it's your life do what you please.

As much as I'd love to have a nice weather car I'm sure I'd get sick of it after awhile or not have time to even enjoy it. Thats why I just drive what I gots.

But good luck none the less dude!!

I see no point in leaving any car newer than about 1986 sit in a garage. Of course there are those exceptions, but hey it's your life do what you please.

As much as I'd love to have a nice weather car I'm sure I'd get sick of it after awhile or not have time to even enjoy it. Thats why I just drive what I gots.

But good luck none the less dude!!

Thanks man, although I understand what you mean about summer cars, I haven't even had a summer wiht my Z34, I can't afford the insurance on the thing. It's rated a category 8 of 10. I would for sure enjoy this Lumina 96', I may even put the Z34 up for sale, since I can't afford it and I could use the money. However I would never get the money back out of it, So I don't know if it's worth selling.

what kinda insurance are you looking at? full coverage?

it costs me $100 USD a month to insure a bright red 1987 camaro and my 1993 lumina z34, both are on liability only, since they are hardly worth getting full coverage.

what kinda insurance are you looking at? full coverage?

it costs me $100 USD a month to insure a bright red 1987 camaro and my 1993 lumina z34, both are on liability only, since they are hardly worth getting full coverage.

That's pretty much what I pay, even with my gigantic tickets and only being 17 :lol:

My Lumina costs me $53 a month but I paid for the whole thing in September (whatever $53 x 12 months is lol)....plus my package policy (~150 I think) which is the same as saying "full coverage"....

The most expensive car in our family to insure in my mom's CL I think (more expensive then the Volvo I think too)...

(our system in Saskatchewan is a little different since we only have one choice in vehicle insurance)...I'd hate to be a young guy in Alberta.....get raped up the asshole sans lube for my POS W lol.

They put the Z that high?!?! Holy crap. I never thought these W cars were much of anything to put insurance on.

Yeah they want alot from me to insure it. It was almost 6 grand a year. Which is like 400 a month. But, for this 96' Lumina its gonna be 270 a month, which is only 20 dollars a month more than my Cavalier.

Guest Anonymous
They put the Z that high?!?! Holy crap. I never thought these W cars were much of anything to put insurance on.

Yeah they want alot from me to insure it. It was almost 6 grand a year. Which is like 400 a month. But, for this 96' Lumina its gonna be 270 a month, which is only 20 dollars a month more than my Cavalier.

There is no way in hell i would pay $400 a month to insure a lumina.