keeping cell phone in car? (cold?)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Since I rarely use my cellphone, but still have it activated I'd like to keep it in my car permanently (after all, that's what I have it for- emergencies).

First thing I'm thinking I need to get is a car charger, so the battery doesn't die from the cold.

Is there anything I can do to keep the phone warm? I know the cold will drain the battery overnight...

Users' Rating 47% :lol:

Sorry, back to the subject I could only see it draining your batt if you leave it in there for like a year w/o using your car

I actually have two that I use depending on the situation, I haev one hooked up to the power inverter of my car and another reguar cig lighter one. Both have been left on overnight with the cell phone plugged in (I forgot it DOH!) and than not found untill like 3pm the next day :shock:

I dont know how your GP is rigged but I know if I plug ANYTHING into my cig lighter it will consume power. If you leave the adapter plugged in you will be lookin for a boost in the morning. Besides that my SE z520a can last well over a week.

Make sure you find a reputable seller. Even if they are in Hong Kong they still sell reasonable quality products. Shipping HK to Canada is faster than USA to Canada thats for damn sures

I keep my car charger plugged into my car 24/7. It even has a little LED and everything, yet I've never had a dead battery.

Must just be my bad luck with adapters. Even leaving an adapter plugged in seems to fuck with my starting. Oh well. Best of luck with the car charger hunt

Must just be my bad luck with adapters. Even leaving an adapter plugged in seems to fuck with my starting. Oh well. Best of luck with the car charger hunt

Might you have a slight short in your cig lighter that produces a steady draw when something is plugged in?

I have all my accessories running off that new fuse block I added. The block is only live when the ignition is on though....maybe you could rig a relay like that or something?? Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

How about just hooking up the cell phone charger to switched power? That way it'll charge when you drive.

I don't know what kind of cell phone you have, but mine lasts over a week on a charge when powered on. They last months when powered off.