Electrical issues...again :(

1990lumina

As most of you know, the stereo in my Lumina has always had a nice whine to it...everyone has told me to sand down my grounds and make sure everything is nice and tight.

I have sanded down, and re-sanded down every ground under the hood I can find and I still am having this whining through the stereo.

Anyway, this is besides the point...I've given up on the stereo.

A have another iddue that may have always been there or just started. If I pulled up to my driveway and park the car, shut the engine off, and turn on the 4 way flashers with the door open (dome light on)...the dome light dims and brightens with the 4 ways....is this a sign of a bad ground still???

I think in spring I'll try the big 3 upgrade because I'm sick and tired of this bullshit

Gorunds I've checked:

The one under the air box, very small on up behind the left side headlight, ground screwed into the engine block, and another major ground it looks like further down in front of the engine by the coil packs.

The alternator is around a year old now....but it's a Bosch, so who knows lol....It has a 5 year warantee so maybe I'll connect my friend's subs up to it and kill it :twisted:

Battery is 2-3 years old now.....this happens right after I shut the car off though....so it should have a decent charge still I would think....unless my alternator isn't charging enough....I do notice some dimming of the dash lights when I have all my accessories on at idle.....a quick push of the gas pedal will bring it back to normal though - I have a 400watt amp which is peanuts comared to what some of you guys run, so I never thought about it hurting anything.

Fuck, well if it is the alternator the best I'll get is a new Bosch :roll: ....I should have read on here more about how Bosch stuff gets killed by our cars.