Some dumbass hit my car...

92LuminaRS

And pushed it backwards 4 feet while it was in park with the parking brake firmly set. It was some dumbass lady in a subaru forester yelling at her kids. I was at the pump filling up (I was actually just about to put the nozzle in my tank) when I heard a loud BANG and the car learched backwards. I looked up and saw the subaru and I was like "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!"

I got the ladies info and all that shit but have yet to find a god damn repair shop to look at my car. Everyone keeps sending me differnet places. There seems to be no damage whatsoever to the car (didnt even scratch the paint amazingly) but to push my car back 4' in park with the e-brake on, says something. It was hit on the front drivers side. I know that there is transmission damage becuase the car knocks into and out of gear really hard (especially at rolling stops) and it just started doing this after the bitch hit me. The car only has 60k on the odomoter too so I'm not too happy!

Anyways, what should I be looking for with this damage? I'm shooting for a tranny rebuild and motor mounts and w/e else I could get out of this deal.

(I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I put it here because now the car has transmission problems)

tires mabie, hows the car ride now? i doubt they are damaged at all however.

but i'd go for a trns rebuild possably, engine/trans mounts and you oughta be good.

Other than the shifting it seems fine. The brakes suck ass lately though, don't know if it's related... The pedal is really hard to push down and the car dosn't want to stop. It has new front calipers & pads, the rotors were in excellent condition. The rear brakes actually work on this car amazingly (well it does only have 60k on it) last time I checked (2 months ago?). System was fully bled with the new calipers and new lines were installed from the master cyl back to the rears and those fully bled also. Mabye it messed up the rear brakes? :shrug:

Crap, I'm typing so fast becuase I'm so frustrated that I'm making all sorts of mistakes that now I'm too lazy to go back and fix... Sorry about that.

She was like "OMG I'm SO sorry I was yelling at my kids and I just didn't mean to!"

So since you were yelling at your kids it's ok to back up and hit the car at the gas pumps at least a good 20' form your parking space? I say fucking pay attention. There is a difference between pulling out of your parking space and hitting a car 20 feet away from your parking space! If it wasn't for my car she would have just kept on going untill she hit something else!

I guess look on the bright side and she didn't hit the damn pump. That's all I need is to be set on fire, that lady would have really been pissing in my wheaties than :lol:

Too bad you didn't have that push bar in your car as shwon in ur sig lol....

Wow, 4 ft she pushed it, holy shit dude...she was have come up really soft and then hammered it to the floor in a fit of rage

she probably went for the brakes and hit the gas instead....ive done that before(in park)

that sucks dude...take it to the shop..and whatever comes up wrong with the car, make her pay for it....

btw...why was your parking brake on at a gas station?

she probably went for the brakes and hit the gas instead....ive done that before(in park)

that sucks dude...take it to the shop..and whatever comes up wrong with the car, make her pay for it....

Like a good w-body owner he was probibly setting the parking brake so that it will not freeze on him at a later date. Preventative maintenance!

Too bad you didn't have that push bar in your car as shwon in ur sig lol....

Yeah I would like to stick on a small safari bar or something like that for the "rally appearance", well that and for when I push shit with my car my bumper is so fucked up :wink:

I always set my parking brake so it decides that it's not going to be like I HATE YOU and stop working some day, lol yes preventative mantinance

Like a good w-body owner he was probibly setting the parking brake so that it will not freeze on him at a later date. Preventative maintenance!

:werd: x100000000000000000000

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully the insurance company won't shaft you.

If you can get a new trans out of this, I'd be amazed. My insurance company wanted to total my 91 becuase it got side swiped and the body work would have been more than the kbb value. The only way to get past that is to have an adjuster come out and convince him/her that the car is worth more than kbb becuase of the condition and mileage. But good luck with everything. I bet that lady's kids really got bitched at after this... :twisted:

92LuminaRS,

I want you to do this:

Do a rocking test of the car. On level ground, parking brake off, trans in park. Open the hood. For safety get some choke blocks or bricks or something, and lay them maybe 6 inches to the front and to the rear of one of the tires. Now grab the car by the radiator support and push hard, and pull hard, keep puching and pulling to get the car rocking.

See if the engine and tranny are moving around, and see if one or both front struts are moving front to back....

I believe the impact may have sheared the lower motor mount and/or tranny mount. These are not that hard to replace. Inspect the dogbone mounts as well. I could see any of these mounts having broken apart from the inpact.

a further test if the mounts would be to jack the enigne and tranny up with a black off wood to spread the jack's force, to see if a mount doesn;t hole the engine down.

Also check for excess play in the CV shafts. during the rock test you'll be able to tell if there is excess slack in the cv joints....

Also inspect the rear suspension's lateral links and trailing arms to make sure nothing got bent.

Was Her bumper lower than yours??? it could have lifted up the front of your car enabling it to slide easier.... after all the rear brakes aren't really all that strong.

Was Her bumper lower than yours??? it could have lifted up the front of your car enabling it to slide easier.... after all the rear brakes aren't really all that strong.

It was actually the same hight on a slight decline so she was more or less very slightly pushing down on the car beucase my car was on a level surface :bash:

The ground could have been cold causing the car to slide easier, which is a good thing in your case.

I hope you do get a rebuild/new transmission, that would rock! I would LOVE that to happen to me!!!! LOL

Even though I have the newer brakes I also set my e-brake often. Usually just when I park at home after work. They still lock up solid though :thumbsup:

Mine suck since the accident, I think something went wrong there I'm not too sure but it seems like ever since the accident the e-brake dosnt hold as well. I cant even pump it up and whip the rear end around in the snow...

I guess that's why I always take my g/fs subaru when it snows, it gets sideways so easy, my car jsut sticks to the road stupid snow tires :lol:

Mine suck since the accident, I think something went wrong there I'm not too sure but it seems like ever since the accident the e-brake dosnt hold as well. I cant even pump it up and whip the rear end around in the snow...

It probably stretched the cable or something. Better get that checked out as well. Did you try taking it to a GM dealership? Our bodyshop does tons of work with accidents and stuff.

The idiots at the GM dealership refused to look at it and told me to go to a bodyshop I wanted to punch the guy becuase he was too dumb to understand the difference between mechanical damage and body damage :bash:

I've sheared brake pads before when a tried to move a car whose rear brake claiper froze..... Your pads could have sheared from the sudden force. Take off the rear wheels and inspect them. If in doubt put a new set on.

and try the rocking test and let us know what you find. I doubt the tranny is actually damaged, more likely the driveline has seperated from it's mounts.

I really hate people that don't pay attention when they are driving.

I was rear-ended in my Caprice (no damage of course, that thing was a tank) while sitting in traffic once. The girl was all crying and said her friends were throwing snowballs inside and she was distracted. Know what I told her? Stop fucking around and pay attention!