Lookin at a 1991 GTP

DarkShadow

hello everyone, ive been reading this forum for quite some time and now its time for me to post lol

im looking at a 1991 GTP at a local dealer that theyre offering to me for 1k

it has 70k on it, red coupe, loaded, 3.4

starts up just fine no wierd noises or anything. my concern is the antilock light is on and when you press the brake pedal the BRAKE light comes on for a few seconds and goes away. anyone want to enlighten me on what might cause this, im only familiar with the teves mark 2 system in the bonnevilles.

The '91 will have the Powermaster III ABS system, a fully hydraulic braking system, they use an electric motor instead of vacuum for assist. They are pretty notorious for problems. Do some searches for "powermaster III and "PM III" and you should find quite a bit of info.

Go to the FAQ and look at the PMIII trouble shooting, by brake light do you mean thge Red or Amber one? The red one means either low pressure or Low fluid (it also gets triggerd by the motor relay and pressure switch), the amber one usually means like the accumulator if it flashes, just check the FAQ