EDIT-Fuck taking the alt off..

birdman

from the pics (a lil too dark) it looks good

If i were you i'd make sure you have jack stands about 1"-2" lower than the cradle that is on the jack, so if the jack fails the stands will catch it before you fuck shit up

well i just took the two bolts out and it only lowered like 1 1/2 inchs and then it stopped going down. what did i do wrong??? is there somthing else i have to unbolt?? thanks.

im sooo close to doin that you have no idea, i tried for 3 1/2 hours to get the alt out and it just aint happening. where in the fuck is that rear bolt????? nothing says where its at they just say remove it like its that simple. and that damn plastic alt. cooling bullshit, how in the hell do you get that out of the way?? any help please or im putting it back together and saying f-it.

Hey I have that same jack set :)

I'm happy with my 3.1 and the alternator on the top of the engine, If my alt went on a 3.4 I'd just take the car to a shop, it looks like way too much work. Although I'd much rather have the torque/hp of the 3.4 and the bragging rights :)

Dude, the way we did it was to take a small 10mm open end/box wrench and put it on the bolt on the Alt. Then get a long 3/8" extension that fits into the open end of the wrench. Attach ratchet and turn to the right to break the bolt loose and remove.

When you put the new alternator on, leave that bolt off, 2 from the front are enough to hold it on.

Good luck! Hope you have small hands because I had to get my son to get his hand in there to get it out. Oh, the plastic shit just snaps off with a clamp.

lucky, id race ya but yta might pull me over :lol: anyway, if somebody could at least tell me where the back bolt is at that would be the biggest help, i really wanna fix it asap. thanks.

its a pain in the ass to get that back bolt off, 10mm. i don't exactly remember how to remove that ductwork crap, i think there is a clip that holds it to the alternator. i broke mine 2 years ago now and i haven't had any negative effects from it not being there.

got pissed off at trying to get to the knock sensor like everyone else said to and put all the shit back together and did it my own way, took like 45 min. super easy. thanks for all the advice though.

first, you have to have arms that arnt huge or it just wont happen, next you'll need a long 22mm wrench that has a slight angle.

Step 1. put the car on ramps. Step 2. lay under the car with you head towards the front and reach your right arm up to the left side of the down pipe and look up next to the alt vent and look until you see your hand and pull the plug off the back. BTW, taking the plug off and putting it back on was the hardest part. Step 3. put the wrench up next to the alt vent and use your right hand thats up there to guide the wrench on it and unscrew it. BE CAREFUL, when it comes undone it will fall and hit you in the face. Stpe 3. put the new sensor in your right hand and take it up along the down pipe and thread it in, its a good idea to hook the wire up before you thread it in because it was at the end of my fingertips and was extremly hard to push on. Step 4. tighten down and be happy. 8)