no heat

bigdman

in my car when i turn on the heat you can feel heat rising slowly out of the vents but it is not blowing out, this is when the fan is on high. it is the same way when i turn the temp down all the way. i cleaned the intake duct on the outside, and i pulled the whole cover off, i could see the blower fan spinning. but why can't i get any air to come out of these vents? :evil:

a vacuum leak would prevent you from controling or reduce the ability to control the vents. Is that the problem? that the air seems fine coming from defroster and heater vents???

Or Is the return line from the core hot????

the fan runs fine. i can hear it trying to force air though the vents. the air coming out is hot. very hot.. but there is not alot of airflow. thats the problem. its the same with the defroster and the floor vents. also, if my heater core was plugged would it block air flow on cold to?

no it would not, the Heater core is always hot. so when you have the setting to cool air bypasses the heater core.

but.... all air passes through the AC condensor, as well as the grill beneath the wipers, where air comes in.

Any possibility that you could have a weak fan?

What kind of vehicle is this?

BTW, I would just like to note when you state that you could hear the blower trying to blow the air. Does the sound of air blowing gradually speeds up if you increase the fan setting speed to high? If it does, check the bottom of the console and see if the air is coming out down there. On my 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 3.1L V6, my vacuum hose to the cruise control was broken and so my controls to the vents was not working as well. I think by default the air vents down at the bottom of the console which is at your feet/floor. Once I fixed the vacuum hose to the cruise control, then the air comes out in any vent position I choose. :)

found the problem. it was the A/C core, it was plugged up :shock: since the a/c didn't work i just took out the core. i never use the a/c anyway. here is what it looks like.02_01_06_1635.jpg