Cutlass options question...

turby

I know the 3100 came out in 94 for the CS. I also know that drivers side airbag came standard in 94. Explain something to me. We found a CS that was said to be a 94. It does have the 3100 BUT it has no airbag. How? I know the steering wheel could have been changed but it's maroon interior and the color looks to match to good to have been from another car. Unless both interiors had the exact same sun fade to them.

maybe someone swapped a 3.1 for a 3100?

and its very possible that someone changed the steering wheels because the airbag is not exactly the cheapest thing to have replaced if it went off, so to save money they switched em

does it have the saginaw column???????? all saginaws in W bodies had airbags.

Eh????

Getting the vin # tomorrow. Also gonna check vin #'s on the fenders to see if it was wrecked bad enough to set the airbag off.

sawginaw??? i can't think of how to spell it lol

it is the round type column, and comes on cars with airbags, and that have pass-key, btw.

This is in 94+ Regal, CS and GP, and 95+lumina and M C.

the older type is square, and is 93-down in Regal, CS and GP, and 94-down for lumina

Could actually be a 93.5 with the 3100 and no airbag. Good check would be the steering column as they said.

Was just gonna say that. Just check the emissions tag under the hood for the model year. Also if it has a round air intake, it's definetly a '93

extimguished??? wouldn't they have stolen them from 94 luminas first? plus they woulda had plenty of crate motors....... But i know you can swap them into earlier cars with some work...

does it have the saginaw column???????? all saginaws in W bodies had airbags.

Who made the name for the column, GM?

You mean Saginaw? That name goes back on alot of older cars. Saginaw, MI is where the column in manufactured. I think it's a Delphi plant now.

the '93 3100 was the topic of a thread that was like 3+ pages months ago.

I remember that being discussed too, but I think it was more than a few months ago. Seems like it was more like a year or more ago. IIRC it was determined that it was indeed a 1993 Cutlass with a factory 3100.

My best guess about the car Turby is looking at is that it is a late-1993 car that someone incorrectly labled as a '94 (unless it has the '94+ headlight controls as well).

The differences i noticed between my 93 3100 and my 94 are as follows.......

steering column, PassKey (93 had the large key), intake, that may be it, i think all the other differences are all optioned in.

Dont forget head/fog light switch locations and styles.. So, this thing would most likely have an OBD1.5 computer system right? Or is it a 3100 running on OBD1?

Yeah that too. They had the OBD 1.5. I remember cause the old paper clip computer scanner wouldn't work on it.

Dont forget head/fog light switch locations and styles.. So, this thing would most likely have an OBD1.5 computer system right? Or is it a 3100 running on OBD1?

Yeah that too. They had the OBD 1.5. I remember cause the old paper clip computer scanner wouldn't work on it.

that and the ecm was just like '94-95. As I've seen