Gonna do the Silverstar conversion in my GP, but got a ?....

AWeb80

I stopped at O'reilly's to pick up just the low beam ones (which on Lukez34's page says is the 9006's), but they had packages that said "Cool Blue" on them....

Do I want the Cool Blue ones, or do I want the basic silverstars?.....

Also, I want to put brighter Bulbs in the fogs....which ones do I get?

TIA.

The cool blue bulbs suck for light output. Get the silverstars.

I *think* you can get silverstar bulbs for the foglights also.

I've run cool blue sylvania bulbs in my Cutlass for years now and they are far better than stock bulbs. To me they're the perfect mixture of better vision and long bulb life.

I have silverstars for both low and high beams - I was gonna get the coolblues for my low beams, but the store didnt have any lol.....silverstars are an upgrade over coolblues though as far as light output.

yeah what he said... as far as silverstars go its

stock<cool blues<silverstars

i use silverstars and the yare awesome

i have a set of new eurodesigns 8500K HID xenon bulbs that i might put in to see how they stack up but i am not sure

yeah what he said... as far as silverstars go its

stock<cool blues<silverstars

i use silverstars and the yare awesome

i have a set of new eurodesigns 8500K HID xenon bulbs that i might put in to see how they stack up but i am not sure

Anything over ~4500k is pretty worthless, as this is the the K value of actual daylight, hence why most vehicles will have about this value. :wink:

these are the bulbs i have ready to go in

IMG_0280.jpg

has anyone used these... are they really any good, i think i paid under 30 shipped for the set so no biggie, i just hope they arent that blue when i put them in

yeah one of these days i will put them in, thinking i might start with just the highbeams, would give a kool look during the day with a bule tinted DTR or maybe i need some more sleep :lol:

these are the bulbs i have ready to go in

[/img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/nametnom/IMG_0280.jpg[/img]

has anyone used these... are they really any good, i think i paid under 30 shipped for the set so no biggie, i just hope they arent that blue when i put them in

:leaving:

Just walk away,......very slowly :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYLVANIA-SILVERSTAR-WHITE-HALOGEN-HEADLIGHTS-9006-ST-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8034332548QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Try something like that instead..... :wink:

would give a kool look during the day with a bule tinted DTR

I thought you didn't want the fogs with the blue tint on the lens...lol now you WANT that?? lol j/k

DTR= Daytime Running Lights ...dunno where u got the fogs thing from?...

His other thread to find fog lights he said he didn't want anything with a blue lens...I just mentioned that now he wants a blue tint to his other lights....no biggy lol I was joking anyway

i already have the silverstars... but for the peice i am willing to try these other ones and see how they look... chances are they are too blue for my liking and i will go back to the silverstars...

you are correct it is the blue lens i dont want on my car for the driving lights cause they would generally be off all day and i think a blue lens would look like ass, the headlights shouldnt really make that much difference if the light is a blue bulb diring the day.