Subs and a head unit

Monkton

Okay, I am looking to purchase a new head unit because the factory one kind of sucks. I really don't know what to get though. I want one that can play cd's, play MP3 cd's, and pick up radio stations. Any suggestions on ones that are not to outrageously priced? I would also want your opinions on this sub + amp package I am going to purchase, wonder if any of you have used Visonik before.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3522.html

Thanks in advance for your input.

Okay, I am looking to purchase a new head unit because the factory one kind of sucks. I really don't know what to get though. I want one that can play cd's, play MP3 cd's, and pick up radio stations. Any suggestions on ones that are not to outrageously priced? I would also want your opinions on this sub + amp package I am going to purchase, wonder if any of you have used Visonik before.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3522.html

Thanks in advance for your input.

As far as Visonik goes...It can be sumed up like this

Amps = :thumbsup: (higher power models only)

Subs = :thumbsdown:

Accesories = :shrug: (I use a Visonik 2 farad capacitor)

And yes I have used all of the above.

As far as the headunit goes I would look into the Pioneer/Premiere decks....But I would recommend going and trying out a few different models to see how you like the controls.

And if you are just shopping arround right now.....check out Elemental Designs.....you wont be disapointed.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/us.php?cur=USD

headunit, Id deff take a look at Pioneer, one the best (in my opinion) and for subs amp, I second Puggsley456, I just installed my eD subs and amps and got everything running great, I was speachless when I first heard it I couldnt believe it.

To my experience in car audio, you get what you pay for. If you don't pay much, you wont get much. I am not saying you cant get a good deal, but generally speaking...

I have never had any problems with any Kenwoods I have owned.

To my experience in car audio, you get what you pay for. If you don't pay much, you wont get much. I am not saying you cant get a good deal, but generally speaking...

I have never had any problems with any Kenwoods I have owned.

x2.....I love their head units. I still use a 3 year old Kenwood excelon.