top speed

93euro

so what can my car do as far as speed goes? i got it up to ~108 today during a temporary moment of insanity, and had to slow down because a) it was shaking like a mofo and B) my exit was quickly nearing. it was so wierd to see the speedo moved that far over to the right.

how about you leave it at 108. If it is shaking too badly either (a) the suspension parts are worn and could break or (B) the tires are out of balance and could fail you at speeds in excess of 100 mph. I like to drive fast too, but don't be stupidly unsafe about it (no offense) The 3.1 is probably good to about 120. It depends on the RPM and the power at that engine speed. My old 2.8 cutty was taken to 115 rather easily (at least I think it was 115, could have been 105)

I never could figure out how every one of my Ws have a speed limiter, yet there's a pile that don't seem to. All of my 2.8-3.1 cars have gone 117, and all of my 3.4 cars have gone 125.

how about you leave it at 108. If it is shaking too badly either (a) the suspension parts are worn and could break or (B) the tires are out of balance and could fail you at speeds in excess of 100 mph. I like to drive fast too, but don't be stupidly unsafe about it (no offense) The 3.1 is probably good to about 120. It depends on the RPM and the power at that engine speed. My old 2.8 cutty was taken to 115 rather easily (at least I think it was 115, could have been 105)

yeah, i don't plan on making a habit out of it. i've never even made it to 100 in 2.5 years of owning this car. i just had to do it once. ill leave any future high-speed conquests to my mom's Chrysler Pacifica, which accelerates rather quickly up to the 114MPH fuel cutoff without all of the roughness :twisted:

Had my Lumina up to 145...... (verified by my buddies Z28)

I thought a stock internal 3.4 with mods to intake,exhaust and chip would max at around 140. I had mine stop gaining at 137 (verified by friends WRX STi)

Had my Lumina up to 145...... (verified by my buddies Z28)

I thought a stock internal 3.4 with mods to intake,exhaust and chip would max at around 140. I had mine stop gaining at 137 (verified by friends WRX STi)

Look at my sig. :mrgreen: It was still pulling. I let off because I figured that was fast enough.

I would never own a 3.4 powered car unless it was very very cheap and that would only be to resell it or swap in an L67.

Shawn

my monte currently hits the limiter like a brick wall at around 185KMH

my 81 buick regal was my fast car... had it up to 240 KMH before i let off verified by an uncles corvette who knew my car was fast and wanted to see how fast it was on the highway

I've hit unintentionally hit 110 before and the car was still pushing. I only slowed down becuase I was punched in the arm by my g/f... I've never ran into a limiter before, only on my mom's 95 lumina. out of the 3 I own none of them have limiters.. Well my '92 might but I've never taken it past 110. both the 90 euro and 91 I've had the speedo bueried in :shrug:

i dont know what my 3.1 will run either i have only had it up 105mph scared to blow the enigne plus i cant really see the number with the digital cluster dont really know how fast a stock 3.1 can go