So my car is in the shop **update**

jdcutty

Well, I left school today to and on my way to the shop, which happens to be right by my house, a fucking wheel bearing goes out on me. No warning at all, no thumping, grinding nothing just boom. So I had to get that fixed as well.

On the timing issue, we ran the codes and came up with Throttle position high and throttle position low reading. I take it home, pull the IAC and TPS. Cleaned the iac which was incredibly dirty, and replaced the TPS with a known good one. The result of all this was nothing. So plugs and wires will be next.......

Just keeps gettin better and better. Maybe Ill see if I can trade the cutty for that 5spd 3800 GP that is for sale. 8)

The lesson of the day: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was very close to being broke, so I fixed it before it broke alot of other things.

Maybe I should take it to another shop and have a different opinion on the way it sounds. And i am pissed cause it sounds like ass, and that I have to go through this shit, but it's too late to change it now.

Anyone close to me that is keen on these things willing to take a look?

They charged you $190 to change a PCV valve on a 2.2 Cavalier???? That takes like 10 mins!!!!!!!! YOU GOT OWN3D.

I called my GM dealer and asked them to run the CPU test to see what's wrong. It took them two hours of labour to find out it was the PCV. So, that came to $190.00. That didn't fix it, so they changed my fuel pump for close to $300. I don't recommend 2.2 Cavalier's to anyone.

They charged you $190 to change a PCV valve on a 2.2 Cavalier???? That takes like 10 mins!!!!!!!! YOU GOT OWN3D.

I called my GM dealer and asked them to run the CPU test to see what's wrong. It took them two hours of labour to find out it was the PCV. So, that came to $190.00. That didn't fix it, so they changed my fuel pump for close to $300. I don't recommend 2.2 Cavalier's to anyone.

2.2's are the easiest fucking engine to work on. (cept maye a 1.0 geo engine) Do your own work.

2.2's are the easiest fucking engine to work on. (cept maye a 1.0 geo engine) Do your own work.
:werd: to your mother! A 2.2 Crapalier has got to be the easiest (not to mention cheapest) car to own and maintain. There isn't one damn thing on that car that's difficult to replace! Alternator? Easy as shit. Starter? Easy as shit. Heater hoses? Head Gasket? Fuel Pump? Brakes? Say it with me now: Easy. As. Shit!

I consider a Crapalier to be sort of a "training wheels" type of car to get you primed to be able to work on a W-Body :lol: ...

if you pay $190 for a $3 part, well i think you need to seriously learn a thing or 2, and your having these problems with a 2.2, and that engine is easy as shit to do anything to. lord help you when something breaks on your 3.4.