97 Cutty, Blown Engine

luminator94

Well, yesterday for not apparent reason, my Cutty 3100 threw a rod. I was driving towards my g/f's house and all the sudden the temp shot way up, in a matter of seconds! Before I could do anything, the engine made a very nasty metallic snapping noise and quit right then and there. Rod put a hole right through the oil pan. All fluid levels were fine to, I'm just really confused to why this happened and pissed to. What I need to know is: I have the opportunity to get a different 3100 out of a wrecked 2002 GP with 23k for 750 bucks, which I think is a steal for that price. But I know that those newer 3100's are a little bit different, will it fit in my Cutty? Thanks for any replies.

Aaron

I dont see why it wouldnt. I think the heads are different as well as the HP ratings. But, I think it has the same block as your older 3100. Yeah 750 is definitely as steal for that motor, especially as new as it is. What about L67???? :D

Robby

Jesus.. your just not having any luck with that car are you? :? :(

No, not at all! :dammit: :cuss: When that happened to my engine, that was my breaking point, you should have seen me. I flipped the f*ck right out. I'm getting it towed tomorrow, and I'm gonna go from there.

Aaron

Tow it to my house and I'll help you.

My car insurance limit for a tow job is $100 bucks, you gonna cover the rest? I'm buying that newer 3100 tomorrow, the car WILL be running by the end of the week.

Aaron

Let me know if you don't get it done by the weekend. Maybe I can make it up there to give you a hand.

O.K., I'll keep you posted, but I'll be doing it at my dad's house, so it shouldn't be to bad.

Aaron

Man that sucks! *prays his 97' cutty holds together* "Hear me baby, hold together" (name that movie :wink: )

ARgh.. I had not quite as bad of an experience this weekend, but it was bad enough.

I think it should work. Just remember that you might have to use your stock Wiring harness. the GP wireing harness might be different so i would recomend swapping the harnesses assuming everthing is located in the same place.

both are OBDII so it should not be to tough... not like swapping from OBD I to OBD II.

RedZ