2nd Gen Keyless Entry

runt

So my friend has 00 or 01 Intrigue with the 3.5. Her and her husband just picked up the car last week after trading off a Chrysler with a failing 2.7, but thats another story....anyway....

She only has one FOB with the car. I'm not sure if she only has one key with the car or not, but thats not my problem. My question is, can you reprogram the RKE FOB's on the 2nd Gens? I know it's possible on the 1st gens by grounding out the RKE. I wish they just used damn dip switches or something with these cars...lol. Be so much easier. Anyway, hopefully someone has an answer!

Jeremy

I found these online, not sure if this will work but try the procedure below if you would like.

Key Fob Programming

Perform the following steps:

1. Sit in the vehicle driver's seat.

2. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

3. Close all of the vehicle's doors.

4. Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.

5. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position.

6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second.

7. Open and then close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If you do not hear a chime, start again at step 1.

Important

After 7 seconds, you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful programming.

8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.

Repeat step 8 in order to program each additional transmitter.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

Install the MALL PGM fuse back into the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.

Validate that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation

I know that I could program the fobs on my '99 Camaro, which should be the same generation system as that it an '00 Intrigue...they key is just finding the right instructions ...I will keep looking around to see if I find more info ....

I found this on GM SI:

1. Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)Close the vehicle doors.

2. Turn OFF the ignition.

3. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.

5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)

6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)

7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.

8. Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three chimes in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.

9. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will sound three chimes in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.

10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.

11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.

12. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.

Perfect. Verified today that it is a 2001. Appears to be the same FOB as my Prix, which wouldn't suprise me in all reality. Now I just gotta find 'em one on eBay and play the "Nintendo" game as I might call it. Up, Up, A, A, B, B, Select, Down, Left Hold....lol