f*ckin' locking lug nuts

18incholdz

has anyone ever installed locking lug nuts on their car an lost the tool to get them off????? How do i get these off because i lost the tool like a moron....I already tried pounding a socket on it so it was tight, but the socket that fit the nut wouldn't fit in the hole in the wheel....If anyone knows how to get this off please tell me

i did ..... lose my key..forgot it on and drove

it was made by MCGUARD...so i called and gave them teh code of teh package it came in and they sent me a replacement for about 10$.

They also make a special twist socket that bites on the outside of the nut. It has a spilraled inside wall. You should be able to get one at your local auto parts store.

I just found out today that we wierdos at napa have a universal lock nut remover tool....I thinkit was 13.00 it's sort of cone shaped inside and you use a 1/2 drive breaker bar or ratchet to operate it....you tap it on the socket with a soft face hammer...

tried that allready...the hole in my rims to get to the lug nut is too small for that to fit in it....but the good news is that i had to send in for a new key and it should be here tomorrow...

who is the lock manufactorer? you can always go on the net and order one. I did the same thing after I put on my mcguards. I strongly suggest if you find one to drill a hole in the center and attach to the something you can't loose. I put mine on my spare tgp keys.