g

ManicMechanic

its in the "REAR PACKAGE TRAY"...in the rear deck, under the carpet...next to the right rear speaker...i have a pic somwhere, i'll see if i can find it...

edit...here's a pic...it will be in between that white foam block and the speaker (if this car was equipt with it, thats where it would be)...emptydeck1.jpg

you will have to take out the rear seat, and the plastic paneling on both side (the window surrounds) and then the rear deck comes up and out.

on the main W page, their is a link on how to repair if that is your problem.

pull the carpet back in the right side of the trunk by the antenna...look for a purple (i believe its purple) wire that isnt hooked to anything...if u have that wire, you have RKE

my 91 CS has it, it is located at the very center front floor of the trunk, And on cars equipped (that have the factory trunk interior intact) there seems to be a small box i have seen in photos that appears to cover it.

What is the FCC ID on a RKE remote for those years? So i can possibly find one.

It doesn't matter.

Why?

Because it is easier to look for the wire connector than the spid label, since most SPID labels are missing or damaged.

learn to look for the tell tale connector located near the radio antenna, the one you ground to reset the module to program for new remotes. Refer to your owners manual for a picture or drawing(some manuals have it). Make sense? It is connected to the harness that feeds to the power antenna....

SAY!!!!!! I've pullled a few myself, i notice the donor always seems to have a power antenna. (coincidence???)

pull the carpet back in the right side of the trunk by the antenna...look for a purple (i believe its purple) wire that isnt hooked to anything...if u have that wire, you have RKE

it aint always purple :P

i was yanking on a purple one in my tgp, and was like 'why the hell is this not coming out'

turned out to be the antennae wire :oops: the grounding wire for me was black and yellow

I really should fix the RKE on that, but my hands are way to big to work in that small are.

Hey no1kicker, wanna help me take the box out? :) you managed to do your tste, now i need help :P

learn to look for the tell tale connector located near the radio antenna, the one you ground to reset the module to program for new remotes.

I believe that the wire color is actually black, and you will see a male(tab) connector inside of a single connection black connector hanging loose beneath the antenna.

I've pulled a few CS ones, but I noticed one I pulled from a regal, has a completely different wiring setup, btw. So for ease of install, stick with your own make...

well... the pic is of an 88 pace car replica.... I doubt an aftermarket cd changer would be added to a car that has only 700 miles on it. (DID you read the site?) I know my vert has RKE, but the box is somewhere between the top motor and the place I saw in the pic..... I think it may be the pace car replica's RKE.