Shaking under load

joey b

When my car is running poorly (say, misfiring) and the torque converter locks up at RPM's below say, 3500, I can feel the car shaking to a very strong degree. It feels like the tranny is going to blow up or something. What causes this and how bad is it for the car?

My car shook like that once when I had a fouled plug. It was only running on 5cylinders. I didnt even dare bring it above 2500RPM until I found out what it was. But if your car is misfiring, find out what is it, because my car did basically the same thing that your saying. A 3 dollar AC plug fixed the problem.

My car shook like that once when I had a fouled plug. It was only running on 5cylinders. I didnt even dare bring it above 2500RPM until I found out what it was. But if your car is misfiring, find out what is it, because my car did basically the same thing that your saying. A 3 dollar AC plug fixed the problem.

Same thing happened to me when I was changing my plugs. 1 of the new ones was bad...

I had this problem as well on my TGP. It was a bad injector..

What causes it is amplification of a misfire thru the tranny. Since the motor is shaking, it goes right into the motor mounts and then the car...