anyone want to make some custom headers??

futuretgper

http://60degreev6.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=7410&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=e5cb89adf4490a2a4352f35a3ab74bee

its just the flanges but looks like a good start if they were put in the right hands!! could be worth it down the road if someone decides to throw money at a custom set up!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8029211672

here are some pics.....looks like a good way to start.....really leaves room to open up the ports and it would make it easier to port-match!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyoutoo/flangeon2.jpg

somebody come up with some sweet equal length headers!!

Equal length will make ZERO effect on our turbo applications until you get into HUGE turbo flow characteristics. We have backpressure with turbo's and the pulses are null and void with the backpressure. Now when you get up to A/R 1.5 and above where the spool does not happen until 5500 RPM or more then you will need to make the turbo wheel spin much more smoothly at lower RPMs to allow for the spool to hit even at high RPMs.

Having tubular headers (non equal length) with the proper collector is what is optimum for our application even with a turbo as large as the T3076. The short radius closed application like the Log Exhaust manifolds we have stock ARE TERRIBLE other than holding in the heat we need to efficiently spin the turbo. Pushing the gases in the direction they need to go to meet the the turbine with the least amount of turbulance or loss of heat is the OPTIMUM path and most power producing. Having equal length headers on something other than a Super Performance application that requires high RPMs for turbo spooling is overkill and not necessary. Even having Equal Length headers on a N/A application is overkill unless you are tweaking for every last HP you can squeeze out of an engine.

You want the gases to leave the engine and out through the tailpipe with the least amount of restriction and turbulance as possible in a turbo application.

Here is a good article to read sometime if you want... http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/exhaustdesign/

Those KFG "headers" look to me like they would have an aweful lot of turbulance with the way they are bringing the other cylinders in to the piping. It is giving direction...but no blending. Turbulance in the piping will cause a lot of improper flow characteristics.

Only giving 2 HP and 2 ft/lbs is nothing to boast about IMHO.

My exhaust will be up for sale eventually (when I find a decent donor RWD chassis) and I guess you could change the flanges on the headers too what ever you want...

Only problem is it's setup for a T4 turbine, though......

Come on now, don't be so mean, its was 5 hp and 6 ftl/bs :P

Didn't intend to sound mean...sorry :oops:

I have just been doing an awful lot of reading lately about how to properly flow exhaust piping before and after the turbo to get the most possible with the most simple design.

It is going to be a fun process when the time comes... :wink: 8)

Come on now, don't be so mean, its was 5 hp and 6 ftl/bs :P

Didn't intend to sound mean...sorry :oops:

I have just been doing an awful lot of reading lately about how to properly flow exhaust piping before and after the turbo to get the most possible with the most simple design.

It is going to be a fun process when the time comes... :wink: 8)

I was giving you shit, no worries :shock: that is a pretty bad number, even though, something simple like that, that just flowed better than stock is all I would be lookin for on the TGP nothing fancy

Well I guess after Curtis finds a Chevett..you'll have a nice set of headers.

For me..headers won't come till I need to brake into the 11's. I've yet to even touch 13s as I havn't been to the track at all since about 2-3 years ago.