1990 STE ????s

jeremy

#1 - STEs in 90 were available NA and Boosted, correct?

#2 - very few were available manual, correct?

#3 - if they were both NA and boosted, could the manual be had with either engine?

THanks

yes, i think robby has a 1990 STE thats just a LH0, i remember reading that you could get the 1991 STE with a LQ1 and a MT, so i should see no reason that you cannot get a LH0 with a MT in 1990, since early w-bodys seemed to get the manual trans more then anything 92-up

Guest TurboSedan

i found a '90 STE with 3.1/282 on autotrader last night. no pics of the car though. they do exist.

as far as '90 STE goes, here is the combo you could get:

- 3.1 Turbo with auto only

- NA 3.1/5-speed

- NA 3.1/auto

i wouldn't be surprised if the 3.1/5-speed '90 STE was much more rare than the 1000 STE Turbos.

I've had these pictures forever so I don't know where they came from or from who, but the titles I have them saved as are 90ste, so I can only assume that is what it is.

90gp-ste2.jpg

90gp-ste1.jpg

90ponste5spd2.jpg

I've had these pictures forever so I don't know where they came from or from who, but the titles I have them saved as are 90ste, so I can only assume that is what it is.

90gp-ste2.jpg

90gp-ste1.jpg

90ponste5spd2.jpg

is that a 90??? it looks like its got the 91 DOHC fender tags

I dunno... there are no hood vents, but like I said, I can't make any claim as to what year it is exactly.. it's just pictures I've had on my laptop for like the past 4 years.

i could help you out on tan leather for a STE :wink:

I didn't know they made tan STE seats.....I don't think that they would look good in a white car anyway....I am somewhat intrigued by this car and I should be getting pics sent to me by sometime tomorrow.....I just hope that it isn't too big of a pile...

I dunno... there are no hood vents, but like I said, I can't make any claim as to what year it is exactly.. it's just pictures I've had on my laptop for like the past 4 years.

Pretty sure only the turbo STE's and GTPs got hoodvents, so a 3.4 STE wouldn't have them. He has a good point though, looks like it has the 24 Valve DOHC fender badges.

Guest TurboSedan

Pretty sure only the turbo STE's and GTPs got hoodvents, so a 3.4 STE wouldn't have them. He has a good point though, looks like it has the 24 Valve DOHC fender badges.

the DOHC STE got hood vents, at least in '91. the one i was looking at has them. the later four door GTs have them too.

Yes, the only 4 door GPs to get hood vents were the TSTEs (TGP style, bigger hood vents), and the later GTs (smaller, '94 - '96 version vents). Yes, there were '90 n/a STEs that got the 282. And no, none of the turbos (TGP or TSTE) came with a manual.

Holstbnet on here used to have a maroon '90 5-speed/3.1 STE. I believe he sold it to a ClubGP member in MI who's done some EXTENSIVE part replacing.

yeah I'm not an STE pro, so like I said, I didn't know.

Yes, the only 4 door GPs to get hood vents were the TSTEs (TGP style, bigger hood vents), and the later GTs (smaller, '94 - '96 version vents). Yes, there were '90 n/a STEs that got the 282. And no, none of the turbos (TGP or TSTE) came with a manual.

Holstbnet on here used to have a maroon '90 5-speed/3.1 STE. I believe he sold it to a ClubGP member in MI who's done some EXTENSIVE part replacing.

Yes he did sell it to a guy in MI that bascially went through the whole car. The guy is from the same home town as me and pulled up next to me at a stop light in it like 2 years ago when I was in my STE. I talked to him for a minute and he told me it was an original 5 speed car. :shock: Last year he replaced like every component under the car that could possibly be replaced. Its a very nice car now. Its the only 3.1/5 speed STE I've ever seen before. I'm pretty sure they are REALLY rare.

Shawn

I'm here a little late, but heres an article I scanned a while back of a car shootout featuring a 91 STE 3.4 car out of Motor Trend June 1991.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a348/bossman429/?action=view&current=scan0012.jpg

It's hard to see in the pic, but I looked at the mag to verify that the STE does not have hood vents, and does have the DOHC badge, and an auto trans.

I paid like $14 for 8 magazines, and that was the only article I wanted. :lol:

Taurus SHO vs STE vs Dodge Spirit R/T :drool: