Frozen Balls pt 2

skiiirt

Some of ya'all might remember last year my heater went. Then I magically fixed it by reversing the flow of current through my car (oops dumbass on the booster cables :oops: ) Anyways that fixed the heat untill now. It was blowing colder air than the temp outside. And thats freakin COLD.

Sooo thanks to Pabz, I eliminated my so called faulty ECC unit by testing in another and having the same results. So off to a mechanic. He does the dirty deed of getting to the heater core. He checks it out and it is hotter than hell. Heater core isnt the problem. So he diagnoses it to be the Air Tempurature Valve (I think thats it) and the whole circuit attached. So my question is.. does anyone know what the hell I am talking about? and how much to replace this item?

The ECC is showing an error code 05 which is exactly what I said above.

He disconnected this circuit and manually opened the valve so I can get heat again. Im back on the road... for now

Damnit, what the hell, I just posted in this topic.

Anyways, what he is saying sounds right. The little valve opens up to let heat flow through into the vehicles vent system. Sounds like either the little circuit board fried out after being ages old, or the valve mechanism finally stopped working.

I'd just get a JY part. But, if you have money to blow, price out a new one. I wouldn't pay anything over $35 for it.

Its the labour im concerned about. I personally dont have a clue where this thing is, what it looks like. Getting to it sounded like a PITA and thus in a j/y freezing said balls off just aint happenein this winter.. I can always get the j/y to pull it and charge me the rediculous pricing they normally charge. We'll see what the dealer has to say