Power Window Question

NOHC_WBody

Ok. Let's say there's a Z34 in a junkyard near you that has a set of seatbelts in it that you need to get out. Let's also say that these seatbelts technically belong to a guy with a Red Z Monte (heh heh). What do I need to get power to the window switches to roll them down. I know I'm gonna need a 12v power souce, and some tap in connectors, but what wires do I have to tap into to get power to the power window system?

You won't even need that much power; you'll need no more than a 9V battery. There should be a pink wire from the main switch on the driver side; pretty thick since that's the main power line. You should be able to snip that, connect it and ground that battery and roll down the window through the swtich (assuming the motor works). That's how I by-passed the ignition system to get em' down. Try that, ...myself and my dad have gotten it to work to get out a power window regulator out of a Cutlass in a local yard... best of luck!

- RedFox340

I assume the motor was dead. I tried the 9V trick as well as a 12V dc power supply that I use to run my R/C car motor dyno/charger. My guess? the motor's fried. I'm just going to have the yard pull them for Shane.

Bummer... that sucks. Well, if you want another stab at it; the other way (assuming the motor works) is to hook up directly the battery to the wire clip that snaps to the window regulator. It it doesn't work, switch polarities: one power way for up and the other for down. Like I said, it worked for me, but the motor worked... :?

- RedFox340

I'm not messing with it anymore. I'm gonna let them pull em for me. :D

I mean, I kinda enjoy pulling parts off boneyard cars, but some days I'm just lazy.

On a side note, I got some other crap for my car. My Cutlass' interior has the light grey headliner/sunvisors. I got some dark grey sunvisors out of a Grand Prix and replaced them. They look good....considering the fact that there's not 3 feet of that strap webbing hanging down and wrapping itself around the steering wheel.