High-Speed Vibration: Where To Look?

jlells01

Question for you w-body experts: I realize I'm being a bit vague here, but at speeds of approximately sixty miles per hour and higher, the '95 Lumina I'm driving has a pretty noticeable vibration. As well, in all honesty, I may be really imagining things, but it seems to be variable, as sometimes its relatively light in intensity, yet other times you can feel it in your hands, rear-end, and legs. It doesn't do it at lower speeds though.

Are there specific areas I should focus on to try and solve this problem?

Thanks.

Balance tires. I don't recall which is which, but vibration above 60 means front tires are OOB, below 60 means rear tires are OOB... Or vice-versa...

Do WHAT? :confused:

If a tire is out of balance (OOB) it will shake or vibrate at whatever speed the centrifical force and mass of the tire dictates. If it is severely out of balance it may shake at low speeds...barely out of balance may take to 100MPH to show up. Saying if a tire is front or rear mounted on a car will effect when it shakes is probably something some recent VOTEC school grad from Jiffy Lube or Discount Tire would say! :wink: :lol:

Just like the idiot at Jiffy Lube told me the other day when I was getting an emissions test. He told me I could run regular unleaded gas because of the lower compression the car ran EVEN THOUGH it is turbo equipped! That was what the Intercooler was for! :? I told him I should put regular unleaded in it...blow it up...and make him buy me a new motor because of his JackAssed advice. :roll: