New Exhaust. sound clips and pics

z34Phoenix

it is on! Sounds GREAT! It is exactly how i planed it. The Cutout is just after the 1st resenator and after the exhaust hanger, goes to a side pipe on the passanger side. i ran the cable next to the center console.

there is a guy in my apt that has a mustang GT with a new exhaust, and my car sounds just like it! but i just push the cable back in, and its quiet again!

took it on a trip to orlando the other day, the thing flies with that cutout open. may just be in my head, but 70-100 came much faster then i remember. this thing is sweet! it wasnt too loud, but loud enough to get anoying after a bit, so I was able to just shut it by pushing the cable. and bamb back to normal! This is a must have IMO for any car!

Here are the sound files:

http://media.putfile.com/Cutout-Accelerate

http://media.putfile.com/Interior-CO-open

http://media.putfile.com/Interior-CO-closed

473859_296_full.jpg

473859_295_full.jpg

473859_293_full.jpg

473859_292_full.jpg

It's not to difficult to differentiate the LQ1 from other GM FWD engines. It's pretty distinctive. I cam usually tell what engine a car has by listening to it. Like if I hear a 3.1 go by in the parking lot, there's no doubt what it is. Same goes for the 3800.

It's not to difficult to differentiate the LQ1 from other GM FWD engines. It's pretty distinctive. I cam usually tell what engine a car has by listening to it. Like if I hear a 3.1 go by in the parking lot, there's no doubt what it is. Same goes for the 3800.

yeah same here.

I'll dig out pics off my side pipe i rigged up for my cut-out. It's like the nascar style. Oval shaped. About 3"tall....5" wide. Used it when i raced the car every week. Havent used it in about 2 yrs.

i am going to cut it back. it is just flush with the underside of the car. but itis staying for two reasons. One i dont want to chock on exhaust when driving or sitting in traffic. and i personally like it

Wow if i knew that a plan black side pipe would piss this many people off, i would have done it sooner :twisted:

Its all about the function! having a tip will only draw more attention to the side pipe. Like i said i am planing on cutting it back but it will remain black and hidden but close enough to the edge of the car so it wont gas me when in traffic!