Whats a 90 TSTE worth? 80k - no run

supreme_style21

1990 TSTE - maroon, cloth interior, sunroof.. thats about the extent of it. It has around 80k on it IIRC. Its been parked in some guys' woods for the past 6 years and I have been eye-balling it ever since. I had inquired about it several years ago and the guy said "it had electrical problems" and I just left it at that, as I was, then, looking for a dependable car. But now I'm curious to see what its actually worth. I just wanna offer the guy 500 bucks and see if he takes it, but whats a logical amount to go up to? I drove it back in the day before it was parked and it was a great car. But I have no clue as to what the 'electrical' problems are... I just didn't ask. Is this thing worth over a grand?

Guest TurboSedan

so far $500 sounds good....unless it has rust. then it is worthless except as a parts car. considering you're in Minnesota i wouldn't get my hopes up. too bad the maroon TSTE is so rare :(

there is a maroon '91 DOHC/auto STE sitting 1.5hrs south of me - it just sits in some guys back yard and hasn't moved in forever. i thought about trying to pick it up as a parts car, ecspecially since it is loaded with leather and HUD. also has power moonroof. it'll probably sit there forever....unless they give it to me.

so far $500 sounds good....unless it has rust. then it is worthless except as a parts car. considering you're in Minnesota i wouldn't get my hopes up. too bad the maroon TSTE is so rare :(

there is a maroon '91 DOHC/auto STE sitting 1.5hrs south of me - it just sits in some guys back yard and hasn't moved in forever. i thought about trying to pick it up as a parts car, ecspecially since it is loaded with leather and HUD. also has power moonroof. it'll probably sit there forever....unless they give it to me.

No rust... trust me.

$500 would be a steal is all it needed was a tune up to get it running and had no rust.

there is no way the above described car fits your description :lol:

I don't think it is as bad as it seems to sound. It moves around... he has like 4 Pontiacs back there and they're shuffled around I've noticed (Whether ran or pushed, I don't know). The last time I got a good look at it was about a year ago and the paint and all was still in great shape. I've noticed it gets cleaned up about twice a year, so it hasn't really been 'rotting' for years and years like I think I made it sound like.

Short of the 'electrical' problem he claimed it had, I would bet that a tune-up would get it on the road... but I tend to jinx things when I say that.

What other Pontiacs does he have?

ah there are a few trans ams sitting back there.. a blue one and a red one IIRC. I think they belonged to their kids in highschool... not sure how well they were taken care of, but they look to be in pretty damn good shape too.

you should definately look into it! get some pics if you can.

as soon as this oldsmobile I have sells, I'll go scope it out. Cash in hand tends to speak a little better.

pics!.... go and take pics

its not even close to where I'm living at right now... I pass thru that town once in awhile. I just got a job there, so in a few weeks, I'll be there every day, so probably then. They'll be from the road unless I am going in to try buy it, cause I don't really feel like asking the stranger if I can walk around his cars and just take pictures.

cause I don't really feel like asking the stranger if I can walk around his cars and just take pictures.

What's the matter? You afraid he will "have you" in for dinner? As long as the mailbox does not say Manson or Dahmer...I feel no fear! :wink: :lol: 8)

cause I don't really feel like asking the stranger if I can walk around his cars and just take pictures.

What's the matter? You afraid he will "have you" in for dinner? As long as the mailbox does not say Manson or Dahmer...I feel no fear! :wink: :lol: 8)

ah not so much that as it is me feeling like a moron asking some guy if I (also a complete stranger to him) could walk around his yard and take pictures of his 16 year old sedan that he's stashed away like its trash. I dunno if the guy knows the rarity of it, or if its just some old chunk of steel thats in his way, so I'll just take a few quick pictures when I go to make an offer. Nobody wants to take pictures of an old worthless pile of shit, so the less suspicion I raise as to how much I want it, the better.

I'd offer him $300-$400 for it. Especially from someone who doesn't know what it is. To someone around here it is a rare car and worth $500 or more, but just offer the guy $300 to get it out of his yard for him. The worst that could hapen is that he says he wants at least $500 for it.

I paid $400 CASH for the one I bought, and the guy knew all it really needed was a fuel pump, and also knew how rare it was. I also got a trunk full of spare parts, and trash. :lol: Had to put more work into it than just a fuel pump, but it's a labor of love. :D

As far as electrical problems? Who knows, could be a ICM, or something simple like that. Never know.

I like to look at pics too. :)