Help me

creepin_olds

i dont know if this is in the right place or not, but I am having problems.

Some times my car will not start right up, I have to sit there cranking and crankking and cranking and almost floor it to get it started, and when i do, it sounds like it has to choke up to get running but after that, Im good to go. It USUALLY only does it when it is cold out. Is this something I shouldn't worry about or is there something I can to do to avoid this problem or fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

and P.S. it is a 3.1 MPFI

Kris

First thing I thought of when I read this was fuel pump. Eventhough it's only a year old, check the pressure again just to make sure.

Other than that, maybe run some drygas through it next tank of gas.

Try priming the system using the pump power terminal.

This is a little single wire near the positive auxilary power post.

applying power to this terminal makes the pump run.

Do that for a few seconds and see if it changes anything on cold starts.

Could be that the little ball inside the pump that holds pressure when the car is off is stuck.

My TSTE does the same thing, the first time I start it after a few days it cranks for 4 seconds or so until it starts. After the first time it starts normal after that until another few days.

One day I tried running the pump with that terminal for a few seconds while I was testing fuel pressure. After that it fired right up.

So I think my pump isn't holding pressure on the system as it should, and it could be a possibilty for your too.

You could also attach a fuel pressure gauge, run the car, shut it off and come back the next day to see if it dropped pressure, it shouldn't unless there is a leak, or the pump isn't holding like it should.

Good luck

Fuel pressure regulator. It's on your fuel rail.

Get a pressure tester, and let the car sit for a while, then test the pressue of the the system.

If it has become weak, it will not hold the 40 psi in your system, and it will bleed that pressure off....someplace....

Worth checking.....

Good Luck