Locating a formerly owned vehicle

3pt1lumina

I found a car that we used to own and I want it back. I have the VIN and where the car is located. It's in Lowville, NY 13367. Now, how do I go about finding who owns the car? Do I call DMV up there and see if they'll give out a name? I don't think they can do that.

Any input is appreciated. :D I want my old car back.

PS. 93 Lumina Maui Blue

My parents wanted a new car because it was the family car. It was supposed to be mine but they traded it in for our 97 Lumina which we still own. I've always wanted it back and infact I saw a car identical to it in a j/y around here and I thought it was it.

Now that I've located it, I want it back. I thought by now it would have been crushed. I don't even care what kind of shape it's in. That car report thingy in a previous thread led me to re-locate the car.

I am kind of dumb for wanting the car back, after all it is only just a base 93 Lumina... but I don't know... to each is his own I guess. Let's see if it really is still around and I'll keep updates going.

not even on any old repair receipts or anything??

I have no documentation of any kind on them...the particular ones I am talking about are from 8 or 9 years ago...my 92 Euro3.4 and my '95 GTP that I bought as a graduation gift to myself when I graduated from HS.....only to sell it 6 months later because I was paying more a month for insurance then I was for the payments

Check the DMV. Or if you know where the car gets serviced, give them the VIN and usually the owners name is in their computers. Thats how I got the name of the previous owner of my car.

...and DMVs actually give out information like that? I've just been keeping tabs on my old T-Bird through Carfax reports, but someday if I want the car back it'd be nice to have the actual address.