Goodbye To All

89GPSE

Hey everyone,

:cry: Time to start saying goodbye. I am getting rid of my baby, my 1989 GP SE, long story. I am parting it out, perfectly good driving car, Because I bought a new car a 2001 Audi S4. After I sell the Cutty in the next week or two, as soon as somebody buys it. I will no longer be a w-body owner. :cry: Good Times

-Justin

Lots of people here don't have w-bodies! Hell it's hit or miss if my next car will be one, although I don't plan on getting rid of the 95 any time soon... so don't go away man!

Lots of people here don't have w-bodies! Hell it's hit or miss if my next car will be one, although I don't plan on getting rid of the 95 any time soon... so don't go away man!

Word....mine is still for sale FYI...I no longer drive my GP, but I hang around here like a cold that won't go away.

Ben

damn.....I feel for ya. Just hang around the whatever section once in a while..... :D

That's what I do at TCCoA. Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you're banned, man.

Hope the audi will be ok...I worked at an VW/Audi dealership some years back and they have alot of problems for some years.Sometimes worse than GM...so heres wishing you luck that the VW/Audi car lasts a long time for ya.

dude! Even if insurance calls the car totalled, you may still be able to keep it, or buy it back! Call it a project, and .... well you know you'll be driving it 90% of the time since the AUDI is gonna break alot!

dude! Even if insurance calls the car totalled, you may still be able to keep it, or buy it back! Call it a project, and .... well you know you'll be driving it 90% of the time since the AUDI is gonna break alot!

....Your backyard must be full of cars that literally had the wheels fall off, EVERY post you just say "keep driving it, it will still last longer!" lol

....Your backyard must be full of cars that literally had the wheels fall off, EVERY post you just say "keep driving it, it will still last longer!" lol

FYI my yard is that way... that's how I ended up with my Lumina :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

IMO if a car has a salvage title it is totally worthless except maybe as a parts car. lately i have been seriously considering parting out my Cutlass, and it doesn't even have a salvage title and not much wrong with it :lol:

As long as you can fix it yourself for cheap with parts from the junkyard, i would say keep it. There are SOOOO many times where I really need my secondary vehicles in service. It should not cost all that much for the front clip. And my thinking is that they don't give a car a salvage title if you get to keep it. Just the cash.

nice car, but they are riddled with more electrical problems than volkwagons

They ARE Volkswagens!!!

Anyway, that's strange, my car is an 89 too, with 200,000 miles and got more damage than that ($938 I think), and they didn't total it.

nice car, but they are riddled with more electrical problems than volkwagons

They ARE Volkswagens!!!

Anyway, that's strange, my car is an 89 too, with 200,000 miles and got more damage than that ($938 I think), and they didn't total it.

OH thats right, i remeber going to a Toyota dealer lookin at a Monte and i said nice Audi, and hes like, Yes, but they are horrible with electrical problems, along with volkswagons, he said its the 4th time in the last 6 months thats audis been in for electrical work

keep the car for a spare!!! don't acrifice a great car just cause it's had some hard licks!

What if you and not the car attracts other cars? you need a beater to protect the Audi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to convince the saving of a W here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yeah but his car runs great apparently....kinda like that nice RUNNING tgp that some dude parted out...total waste

but if its been hit like 30 times......thats the purpose of a witner beater...doesnt have to look pretty

you dont wanna drive that sweet A4 in the snowy salt do you?? :wink:

yeah but his car runs great apparently....kinda like that nice RUNNING tgp that some dude parted out...total waste

but if its been hit like 30 times......thats the purpose of a witner beater...doesnt have to look pretty

you dont wanna drive that sweet A4 in the snowy salt do you?? :wink:

ditto to the power of ten and climbing

OH thats right, i remeber going to a Toyota dealer lookin at a Monte and i said nice Audi, and hes like, Yes, but they are horrible with electrical problems, along with volkswagons, he said its the 4th time in the last 6 months thats audis been in for electrical work

They don't just have electrical problems, but also mechanical problems. BMW too. I think Mercedes is the most reliable of the German cars, but even they're not as reliable as domestics.