more window problems

birdman

well i got my door panels off to look at the window and for the life of me i cant figure out whats making it fall off track. what it does is when i roll it down it'll get 3-5inches down and then the front of the window falls into the door once the window goes all the way down its level again but you have to hold the window back to get it up. there is a little black piece on the lower right corner of the window that snaps into the track and there is the arm that goes to the left of the bottom track to lift it. what else is there that lifts the window or keeps it in place??? thanks.

The window should have two tabs on the side. It sounds like your regulator is gone. A bad regulator would push the window in or out, eventually break the clips, and make the window keep coming out of place.

The window should have two tabs on the side. It sounds like your regulator is gone. A bad regulator would push the window in or out, eventually break the clips, and make the window keep coming out of place.

No. Sorry, the info you have stated is for the 2 door models, which have two contact points between the glass and regulator, the 4 door has only one:

On the four door GEN 1 front models (4 door, front doors) there is a clip at the upper rear and lower front of the glass. If either of there is damaged or missiong, the window will tip like desrcibed. There is one rollerball on the regulator that moves the glass. Determine if the window is seperating from the track at the front, or rear. Check the clip where it seperates.

I have replaced these clips before, by salvaging used ones from broken glass. They are glued on with eurothane adhesive (modern windshield adhesive)

SOMETIMES... if the clip is good, you just need to manually pinch the window track to make it tighter and prevent the window from coming out. I have seen this a few times on the front guide track of the window.

well once it starts falling it comes out of the front track but it does snap into the front track nice. and ive never seen the othre clip you said, ill look for it and see what i can do. thanks.

fucking clips dude.... i have the same problem with my car. this is what the window is supposed to look like ...NOTE the 2 black clips on it.

100_3483.jpg

100_3488.jpg

if you need more pics, I have the window sitting next to my desk in my room. would be happy to take pics.

It originally was held on with eurothane adhesive, the stuff they use to glue in modern windsheilds. That is some tough stuff!!!

Which clip, front or rear?

At the meet, i can bring my tube of eurothane adhesive if you feel like waiting...

well i tried the epoxy and so far its doin the job, it was the highlight of my day to get that damn thing fixed. thanks for the offer though, i might need it if it falls back off but i hope that wont happen.