I need a stock cd/radio

f_399

What looks older, the changer? It was made in 2000, but it was never used when I bought it, and I only used it for a few months in my 95 GP, so it has seen very little use.

It will most definitely work with the Chevy Lumina's TheftLock cassette stereo.

FYI, you can buy an auxillary input adapter for the TheftLock cassette HU's that has 2 switchable inputs so you can use the changer and another device (but not at the same time.)

Keep me in mind. I'm willing to deal :wink: . I guarantee you you won't find a Chevy TheftLock CD headunit in decent shape for less than I'm willing to take for my CD changer and the cable.

Probably because you had the chevy version, and that is the Pontiac version of the same H/U....just the faceplate is different bewteen the two units...the Pontiac one will work with your Lumina though

I'm guessing your factory chevy unit looked sort of like the one in my dad's Suburban??

PhotoPCTuesdayMay182004823PM11.jpg

That's exactly the Chevy HU I was talking about. I had the same HU in my old Lumina, and my changer workes magnificently with it.

Like I said in the thread, I'm willing to separate the whole thing, so go ahead and make me an offer on the changer and cable. But just so you know, the Pontiac HU would fit in the Lumina without any major modifications (the mounting tabs may have to be "massaged" a bit, but NBD.) All of the functions on the Pontiac HU are identical to the Chevy HU, except the Pontiac HU doesn't have the speed-sensitive volume control (SCV.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how does this olds unit look like? I'm looking for either a stock cd radio that works with my steering wheel controls or a radio that hooks up with a delco changer. I have a 94 GTP, didn't check if I have the cd/aux connector on my radio yet. Have a delco cd unit, but it doesn't play ANY cds...

how does this olds unit look like? I'm looking for either a stock cd radio that works with my steering wheel controls or a radio that hooks up with a delco changer. I have a 94 GTP, didn't check if I have the cd/aux connector on my radio yet. Have a delco cd unit, but it doesn't play ANY cds...

FWIW: the olds unit is a double DIN and won't fit in the Pontiac dashes...

I have a 94 GTP, didn't check if I have the cd/aux connector on my radio yet. Have a delco cd unit, but it doesn't play ANY cds...
If it's still the stock radio, it won't have the AUX connector. That didn't make an appearance on the Pontiac radios until the 95 model year...