fuel pump help

qmtgp

just got a new fuel pump cause i fried my last one when i ran out of gas and kept trying to start it (i was cold lol). anyway's i got it with the "week"

or whatever wiring harness i think thats the correct letters for it. i didnt know if that was the right one i'm sure one of you guy's will know what it is. i'm gonna try to do this today but i could use a lil advice on this cause i have never done this before and i dont want to screw it up so i could use all the help i can get thanks alot.

You want the fuel pump for a Corvette of the same year.

It would be nice to have a hoist, but all you need to do is remove the hangers at the back of the tank and let the tank drop.

but all you need to do is remove the hangers at the back of the tank and let the tank drop.

Not trying to correct you or anything...but ummm...might want to add the use of a floor jack with a 1.5' to 2' long to spread the jacks pressure point across the bottom of the tank. If you have more than 1/4 of a tank full you will most likely want another person there to help steady it down. Do not just unbolt the straps and let it fall..you will rip out the wires and hoses!

A hose pick tool is very helpful in getting the fill and vent lines off. I have this one:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=72510&group_ID=17606&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

but you could find something similar in a parts store.

Getting the fill and vent lines off was the hardest part of the job for me, and I did it on a lift. :lol:

A good set of line/flare wrenches will serve you very well for this project and many to come. I have a set of Craftsman Pro series flare wrenches and they are awesome, have NEVER come close to rounding a line fitting. The regular craftsman line wrenches are real bad about rounding line fittings from what I have seen.

Spend the extra dough for the pro ones and you can't go wrong.

Good luck, I did this to Josh's TSTE 3 months ago, so everything is relatively fresh in my mind.